What's new

I'm now a speaker builder. (1 Viewer)

Stephen Dodds

Second Unit
I finished my dipole test baffles the other day and they sound great. Thanks to all whose brains have been picked, even without them knowing it.

Photos are at the link below for those interested.

Steve

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Those aluminum Focals look awesome. I thought they were some sort of computer rendering at first.. they look so perfect.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Maybe I'm missing something, but what makes them dipoles? They look a lot like MTM designs to me. I thought dipoles had a speaker firing out of phase on the back.

Seth

A

Anthony_Gomez

Looking good! Those Focal 10"ers look just like the ones that Mr. Brodey was clearing out from QSC at killer prices. Are these the same ones?

Stephen Dodds

Second Unit
Seth,

The baffle is open at the back so each driver fires out of phase from the rear as well as in phase from the front.

Anthony,

Yep, they are the QSC Hales drivers. A great bargain for just $40 each. I think there are a few still on eBay. They sound great but don't quite have the Xmax for dipole bass so I have them high passed at 40Hz. I'm pondering dipole sub options at the moment.

The fianl speakers will have solid aluminium side panels and a gloss back baffle, so they should look very cool when (if) finished.

Cheers

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks