I'm not too bright...plz help me choose

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by John*DB, Sep 13, 2004.

1. John*DB

John*DB Stunt Coordinator

Jul 1, 2004
    I posted this on the HT Basics board...don't know if it is more appropriate here.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

Okay. I am more confused the more I read. I need answers from people who KNOW about HT WELL!!

I have ordered all the "stuff" for my first HT. The only thing left is the wires and interconnects. I have read all about "how to" set up the HT. I have read all the threads about my specific HT items (DVD player, projector, etc...)

I need to get the junk to hook it all together and I want to do it right the first time!!!

I know I want to use BlueJeansCable for my wiring. I have also read all their pages and I am still just as much confused.

Help me put it together PLEEEEEEASE
    • Infocus 4805
    • Yamaha 5760
    • Denon 1910
    • JBL E series EC35, E20 x 4, E250 sub

Now, you can see this is NOT high end. BUT it is QUITE good for my first system - thanks to all the input I have received so far from all of the fine people on the board.

I want to use DVI. But what does the 4805 need? DVI-A, DVI-D, DVI-I???

I want an XBox. I probably want to use component for that right?

I know as far as audio goes - Coax is Coax. I know I don't need "specialized" subwoofer and digital audio cables. But I think thats how BlueJeans sells it.

I know I am asking a lot here. I am asking for specific help for specific items that probably no one else will benefit from reading. But I don't know what will be the best and work with my system.

Thanks for all input. I truly do appreciate it!
  2. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

Feb 4, 2004
    I'm not familiar with your projector but MOST current AV equipment requires Single Link DVI-D cables. Dual link will work too but you don't need to spend extra for it and you don't get any benefit from it. I use the Parts Express Dayton cables for Component and regular RCA audio cables. I'm sure Blue Jeans is better but the PE stuff is a great value and I'm quite happy with it.
  3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

May 22, 1999
    Can the Infocus take a progressive signal? If so, you must have one of the following to get the XBox to go into 480p or 720p mode:

- The Microsoft Advanced AV Pack ($20)
    - The Monster Gamelink 400 X Component cable (~$50) and the MONSTER CABLE 100 X fiber optical cable add-on (~$35)

The Microsoft product is cheap both in price and quality. I hate to shill for Monster, but their XBox cables are the only ones I know of that appear to be designed for progressive/HD video.

The Monster component cable will give you L/R audio plugs. But to get true 5.1 sound, you need the stupid 100X fiber-optic add-on to provide the optical-digital signal.

I got mine from someone on eBay.