I'm not receiving email notifications

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnRice, Aug 28, 2002.

1. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Sometime yesterday I stopped receiving email notifications. I know there is a new server installed and wondered if that was it. My ISP also installed a new mail server over the weekend but I wanted to check with you first. Could this have anything to do with your new server?

Thanks

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I just checked with my ISP, and no emails from HTF are arriving, so it isn't a spam thing where they are being bounced back. I changed my my profile to a different email address just to see if that makes any difference for some reason.

I can't be the only one who is having this problem.

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    John:

I just set up a post and set it up to get email notification from anyone that replied to it and got the email notification.

It might be that with the change over that something got screwed up. I noticed that you are only subscribed to one thread. Is that the case? If you go back and visit that thread you will not get another email notification until someone else posts to the thread after you have visited it last.

Parker

4. Parker Clack

Parker
    John:

Did you get the email notification from this thread?

Parker

5. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I did, Parker, and I got a couple others. Some time after I posted this, I started getting some responses, but not all. I can't check right now if I am getting everything I should, but I will do so later.

I'm actually subscribed to a number of threads. Some of them have become essentially inactive, but there are at least four or five active ones.

Thanks,

John

6. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Parker,

I haven't matched up every post, but it seems to be working now. I guess the mojo has drained out of the system.

7. Parker Clack

Parker
    Or you got email notifications when the server was being switched over and they got lost in the process.

Parker

8. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Parker,

It is doing it again. My gut feeling is that it is a problem on the forum and here is why. You said earlier that I am only subscribed to one thread, though I am probably supscribed to 30. Not all of them are still active, but at least 12 of them have posts every day. Since this problem started I have been going to my profile page a lot. Sometimes it tells me there have been no posts in any subscribed threads, so it doesn't show any of them, even though I know there have been dozens of posts in them. Most of the time if I change it to show the last two days instead of one, they suddenly show up, including ones that were posted to well within one day, but didn't show up before. As far as I know, I have gotten all my other emails. At least, I haven't gotten any "didn't you get my email?" questions.

BTW, I am getting some notifications, but not all of them.