What's new

Im not getting any video from my reciver to my TV. (1 Viewer)

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
when ever i plug my x-box into the front of my reciver i only get sound and no picture on my TV. im using an S-video cable from my TV to my reciver. whats wrong.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I guess I'm answering video game console probs tonight ( I just answered another one). I'm guessing that you have your Xbox hooked up through composite video (yellow cable) if so then thats the problem. Almost all receivers except 3-4 (Pioneer 49tx, Denon 5803, B&K 507) don't up convert video from a composite signal to s-video or component signal. what you'll need to do is hookup your Xbox with an s-video cable, or you can run a composite cable from your receiver to your tv. But you will get much improved video quality if you went and bought an s-video cable for your Xbox.

Daniel Smith

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Ok i hooked my xbox up to the video 2 input on the back of my reciver with an S-video cable and still no picture.

Ryan-Stone,

What the above post is trying to say is that What ever source you are using to connect your X-Box to your receiver must be duplicated from your receiver to your video source (in your case, your TV!)....

For example... Say your receiver has a video out leading to your TV via S-video.... then you can hook anything up from your video-in via S-video w/o any problems such as a DVD player, X-Box, VHS, etc....
But say for instance, your DVD player is connected to your receiver via component connection. In this case, you will have to duplicate this connection from your receiver to your TV!

Composite Video is okay.
S-Video is better.
Component video is best!

Best of Luck!

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
my Tv is hooked up to my reciver with an S-video cable and my x-box is hooked up to my reciver with an S-vidoe cable. But i still cant get any picture on the tv, just a black screen. i dont understand why it wont work.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Ryan-Stone,

What is the receiver? And is your receiver to TV S-video connection made through the monitor out?

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Yeah, make sure it's not plugged into the vcr out or something like that; it has to be monitor out. Also, have you tried running the Xbox directly to your tv, and did you get video then?

Daniel Smith

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
My reciver is a kenwood(6060 i think). Im running moniter out on the TV to moniter out on the reciver. I have plugged my x-box in to my TV and it works fine that way. The only reson i can think of why its not working is the video on my tv is connected to the reciver with an S-video and my audio left and right is connected with component video. and the x box is hooked up with and s-video and RCA cables for the audio. Could that be the problem. although the sound does work fine its just the video that wont work.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
You may have a bad video cable. Check each one with a direct connection and verify. If everything is as you say then there is either a setup problem with the X-box or there is a bad cable. Since the box works with a direct connection I can't see how the setup could be screwed. The analog audio connection should have no bearing on the video no matter what cable is used.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
If I read your post correctly you are running the s-video from your receiver's monitor out to your Tv's monitor out. That just the problem you are running an OUTPUT into an OUTPUT and not an OUTPUT into an INPUT. Run the monitor out from your receiver to on of the "INPUTS" on your tv then everything will work. Remember output to input, an input to output.

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks