What's new

I'm new here! need some opinions with SUB placement. (1 Viewer)

Steve.G

Agent
Ok FINALLY! As you can see really cramped space. Not too much room between the front of the sub and my 1992 style couch lol. What do you guys think? am i killing/dampening the bass waves by having it in this spot? thing is it's pretty much the only place i can put it. maybe i might be better off facing it on a angle berween the two couches?

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I Don't know how big your room is but thats enough room between your couch and the sub. I have a PB12 thats in the same position, same cause as yours, running out of room. Anyway I tried it in different parts of the room and got better or more volume on the lfe but I just put it back in the corner where I wanted it and cranked up the volume dial a bit on it and alls well. The thing rocks....

Steve.G

Agent
Hey mike! Ok cool, i'll leave it as is. What do you have your phase set at? man i try to use the spl meter to set it but the needle goes crazy! I notice tho once i have the phase all the way turned it reads louder, but it sounds pretty bad! yet they say you want it set to where you get the loudest reading? so there is no bass cancellation or something?

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
"they say you want it set to where you get the loudest reading? so there is no bass cancellation or something?"

I have not heard of this. I simply took about an hour really listening to some good music walking around the room and also spending a lot of time in the sweet spots and hand tuned it to where I thought it sounded the best and have left it there. I think sometimes people can get over technical with these sort of things. Every ones room is different, location different and such and it still boils down to sound and how you hear it. Good luck.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks