What's new

I'm losing my sense of smell!!! (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Allright, this is kinda weird...

The last few days, my nose has been kinda stuffing up... Well i wake up this morning, my nose is stuffed as usual... I take a shower, and it goes away, but when i get dressed and apply my cologne, i realize I CANT SMELL IT!

I sniffed everything, and nothing! Well, i wait like 15 minutes it comes back... and all is fine..

Until just a few minutes ago, i was surfing the web, my nose stuffs up, i get up, i breathe normally again, however as I eat my dinner, i find i cant taste it! I smell it, NOTHING... I smell some red wine vinegar, soy sauce, NOHTING...

I dont think its TOO serious, itll probably come back soon.. but its weird having no sense of smell...

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hey Nick, aren't you using one of those steroid nasal sprays? If so, they're not working. :)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Look for silica packets up your nostrils!

Have you been eating too much college cafeteria food? I've heard that the lose of sense of smell is the body's natural defense against putrid food..

First, sense of smell and then taste, next to go is eyesight...

:)

Jay

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
I'll ship you a pair of my gym socks for the ULTIMATE smelling test. If you can't smell those, you really have lost your sense of smell... or heartbeat. :D

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Well now, I can put my dedication to being a fan of Scrubs to good use, now I am not a Doctor, but I watch people that play ones on TV, you may have Anosmia.

There was an episode where JD treated someone with some antibiotics and the patient lost his sense of smell.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003052.htm

This page has some info that may be of help.

Remember, I am not a doctor, but I watch people that play doctors on TV. :D

StephenK

Stunt Coordinator
maybe it's a tumor........

an unless someone doesn't know this is a joke....this must be followed by: [Arnold voice] It's Not a Tooomahh [/Arnold voice]

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Well, one thing's for certain, he's not going blind. At least he doesn't have that problem. :)

Seriously, now would be a good time to spend it in the chemistry building. Man, those organic labs. Peeeeyew

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
This sort of thing really happens. My mother is losing her sense of smell, so her cooking (which was really top-notch) is now a little touch and go, since she has to guesstimate a lot. The quacks say its something to do with the nerves to/from the nose, which I guess are degenerating.

But my mother's a lot older than you Nick, so if it persists, you really should see a doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks