What's new

I'm losing interest in American Idol show (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Maybe I'm being too critical, but I just don't have a favorite singer I'm pulling for this time around that keeps me wanting to watch each episode. The one's I thought had something either didn't make the cut or got canned. Maybe I'm just expecting too much, like trying to find the next big thing. I see some good talent but no one that's unique and refreshing.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yep, it's no longer new, and people are realizing that it's a glorified karaoke contest full of mediocre talent who will be forgotten 2 years from now

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
You admit to having a passing interest in that show, let alone even watching it?? :)

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
I can't really see watching the show past the first couple of episodes. The only entertainment value it has is watching the truly horrible people try out, once we've narrowed it down to a field of talented people it's boring. I want to see embarassingly bad singers and see what happens when the judges tell them so. After that it's just dull.

VicRuiz

Second Unit
Then you really shouldn't miss tonight's episode. It's being billed as "The Best of the Worst" or something like that.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
LOL! The guy(?) that butchered "Like A Virgin" will probably take the cake! Honestly, the show has a good concept, but got inflated so much by the first season, I don't know if they can maintain the viewer's interest. Isn't Star Search still on? It never was huge , but it seemed to survive and remain on. I don't watch Star Search anymore, but there must be enough viewers that do.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
With the first iteration I watched the mass auditions and then picked up towards the final weeks, mainly because of a friend's interest. Same thing this go around - I don't have much interest in seeing the mediocre whittled down.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I can't imagine any of these singers being an American Idol.

Lounge singers at your local Holiday Inn, ok.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
The guy(?) that butchered "Like A Virgin" will probably take the cake
:laugh: omg, i saw one episode of American Idol this season, and on the previews for 'next week's show', it shhowed a clip of the LIKE A VIRGIN guy... i nearly shat my pants laughing so hard... too bad i missed the real performance and their reactions

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
The only I reason I watch it is because my lil sis takes over my TV. I admit it's much better than anything on MTV/VH1 and of course there's Simon to put inflated egos in there place. I like him. :)

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone else think that the "Like a Virgin" guy is a plant by fox, to get someone who is SO over the top bad they have something to promo on? They hyped his appearance for weeks, and it delivered as being the worst. But watching it, my BS sensor just kept going off.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
From the scuttlebutt around town, "Keith" is an Atlanta local, and his family (maybe brother) owns a Karoake bar, and probably went on the auditions for his 15 minutes of fame. I don't think he's a plant by Fox.

Joel C

Screenwriter
They just accentuated how boring this year's contestants are by showing Kelly and Justin again. Even there cheeseball music video was better than anything I've heard this season.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
You're correct Joel C, the clip and video of Kelly and Justin was the best part of the show. Not only do they have good voices,they have appealing personalities that don't come across as trashy or phony. I could see them possibly being on a tv series or in movies in the future. I kinda get the feeling that the American Idol producers are looking to pull away from the trashy image that the music industry has sunk to and find a more sophisticated look. Just my two cents....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, there are tens of millions of "anybody"'s that tune in each week. Different strokes and all.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Jeff, you better believe it! I'm sure you know there are other shows that are more deserving of such a statement. But then again I also am a devoted fan of the most immoral show on television, at least by the estimation of one group of people. (That show is Buffy if you didn't know).

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Interesting title for this thread.

I NEVER had any interest and haven't watched even a minute. I hate these kind of shows and the 'reality' shows, and the various 'dating' shows.

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
I NEVER had any interest and haven't watched even a minute. I hate these kind of shows and the 'reality' shows, and the various 'dating' shows.
I wouldn't call it a reality show really. More of a game show.
I like American Idol, especially Simon (even though his role in these rounds is of unfortunately little meaning). This season has been much worse in terms of talent, but also poor in who the public is voting through to the Top 10... Vanessa, Kimberly Locke, Ricky... all bleeeech.... but that might be just because of the few good options. But I hate seeing sympathy/ popularity votes ruling the contest (like Jim and AJ form last season).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks