I'm just about ready to scream... "Uncle"!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Paul_Scott, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

looking ahead to whats been announced so far for the rest of the year- seems like there was always a time when i could whine that not enough good stuff was getting released.
    thats probably the reason i have so many discs ( a lot of which havn't been watched yet) that were impulse buys.
    "nothing i'm really hot to get this week...oh well, this might be interesting..."

but from here on out, there is just a motherload of titles i was planning to get.
    SEs of classic films, tons of great horror titles this month, a 1/2 dozen boxed sets (at least a couple of which will have $100+ msrps)...

for the first time since i became a dvd-a-holic, i don't think i will be able to keep up with the releases week to week.
    somethings got to give.

and i don't think i have that much play left in my wallet.

2. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Each week, there really is a deluge of releases. And I'm buying from two markets: American region 1 and British region 2.

But I only buy what I really want - not impulse buys for me - well, sometimes I do, but if there isn't anything I want that week, then that just means I have to hand the money over to Her Majesty and she buys new shoes with it. [​IMG]

Gordy

3. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Yeah really. I have 39 items in my "to buy" list. It's crazy. And that's including some boxsets like Alien Quadrilogy and The X-Files Season 8.

4. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

I'm kinda slowing down my DVD purchases, or getting the cash to buy new ones by selling some I don't want/didn't like. I'm preparing myself for the next couple months, because I think I might go bankrupt after I buy all these: Matrix: Reloaded, LOTR TTT: EE, Simpsons season 3, Sopranos season 4, Ultimate Vacation box set, Indy box set, and who knows what else will be announced.

5. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

I'm kinda slowing down my DVD purchases, or getting the cash to buy new ones by selling some I don't want/didn't like. I'm preparing myself for the next couple months, because I think I might go bankrupt after I buy all these: Matrix: Reloaded, LOTR TTT: EE, Simpsons season 3, Sopranos season 4, Ultimate Vacation box set, Indy box set, and who knows what else will be announced.