I'm in love...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianB, Apr 27, 2002.

1. BrianB

BrianB Producer

With a game called REZ. She's incredibly easy on the eyes. I could listen to her sweet music all day long. And she's REAL easy to play...
    She's a total tease though. She makes herself appear a real easy challenge, but she's anything but. There's a lot of hidden depth just simmering underneath her incredibly pretty surface.
    If I wasn't in work, I'd be off playing with her right now... I know my wife's getting jealous already, and it's only been a few hours since I met REZ.

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

She's cheating on you. She's round my place right now. [​IMG]
    Dan

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Why that 3 timing &$%##!
    She's been spending quite a bit of time at my house as well. You guys better start monitoring her. That damn music she sings is far too enticing. Not to much the beautifully drawn curves and lines of her figure. MMMMMMMMM [​IMG]

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

You lie! All of you! She's mine, all mine.

5. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

Well, she may cat around with you guys by day, but at night, she snuggles in with me and my TV. . .

6. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

[​IMG]
    -Andre F

7. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I wish more people would discover the love that is Rez.

8. Mike Hutman

Mike Hutman Supporting Actor

I saw Rez at best buy, But didn't understand what kind of game it was. Tell me about this Rez. Maybe she will spend a night or two with me.

9. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

Or you can go buy the current issue of Offical Playstation Magazine(Spiderman cover), there is demo in the mag(make sure no one stole the disc though). I've been meaning to get the game. After playing the demo for like five minutes, my thumb was killing me. [​IMG]
    Sean

10. Michael St. Clair

Has anybody tried the Dreamcast version with the mouse?

11. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Mike, I suggest you buy the OPSM2 mag with the demo. It's a hard game to adequately describe - words REALLY do not do justice to the graphics, the style, the feel of it.

Haven't tried the DC version with the mouse... But now that you mention it, I'll have to!

12. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

REZ is, in my humble opinion, the best game I've played this year.

And thats a year in which I've bought GTA3, GT3, Jak 'n' Daxter and Crazy Taxi 2, and tried out Halo, Rogue Leader and Super Monkey Ball. It really is that great.

If I had to describe it, it would be what you might get if you fed Jeff Minter tons of drugs, subjected him to repeated IMAX screenings of Tron and then asked him to make sequels to both Panzer Dragoon and his Virtual Light Machine. AT THE SAME TIME...

Playing Rez is a gaming experience that everyone should have; not just because its so brilliant (though it is), but to see how much more can be done with a game than just emulating reality. Like Asteroids or Pac Man, its a game that still look great in twenty years time, no matter how many polygons future machines can throw around.

13. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

Some people don't like this game because it's "too short and simple".
    But I love Rez (DC version). As mentioned above it's FUN to play... the graphics and sound soothe you into videogame nirvana (yes, like many of the 80s arcade classics). Listen to the music on a good surrond system... it makes use of all the speakers on my virtual mode, occasionally utilizing the surrounds to such specific effect that I presume there's some sort of pro-logic encoding at work.
    This is not a complicated game, and the graphics are a unique blend of lighting effects and wire-frame... think Starfox meets Tron meets I, Robot.
    Maybe it's just my imagination, but its difficulty also seems to adapt to your playing skill.
    But for some reason I'm spending a ridiculously inordinate amount of time trying to pass the final part of stage 5. [​IMG]
    Steve ..."the mi-mi-mind killer!"

14. BrianB

BrianB Producer

15. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

I hear you guys, Rez is a wonderful game. It always seems to find its way back into my PS2. It's just an easy game to play, it's easy on the eyes and easy on the ears. Of course, this has nothing to do with the actual difficulty of the gameplay. The perfect game for "chilling out".

16. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Rez for the PS2 is perfectly passable, but once I saw the Dreamcast version I noticed a few very minor graphical flourishes which make the DC version superior IMO.
    Either way, a great game that should be played with some degree of surround (pro logic or some such effect) in order to be appreciated. In prologic mode there are actually tones/notes which come up from behind the player... what an immersive game!
    Throughout this love affair with Rez, I feel incredibly inadequate. [​IMG] I got to beyond mode but can't seem to unlock any more options, can't score high enough. [​IMG]
    Joseph