i'm hearing static distortion and need help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chris thomas, May 17, 2002.

1. chris thomas

chris thomas Auditioning

hi, this is my first post, i just joined yesterday. anyway, i'm new to the world of home theater, and i need some help.

i have an aiwa xs-ds70, and i've recently started noticing some static interference. just through the speakers, the tv's fine. i thought it was my PS2 (i use for DVD's), but i just got an xbox and it did it with that too.

the audio from the PS2 goes through optical cable, and the xbox through the stock RCA. the other thing is, when all systems, tv, vcr were off, i still heard the distortion. it's not constant or very loud, but it's noticable.

i went and got a monster power ht800, the audio and video improved, but still had the static. i ended up moving the FM antenna wire and so far that seems to have helped.

but would that wire cause a problem? i live fairly close to an airport, is the antenna picking up interference and messing with my speakers?

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Have you checked your connections in the back of your receiver? Sometimes this can be the culprit...

3. chris thomas

chris thomas Auditioning

yes. they were all dis- and reconnected. still had the problem. all polarity is correct.

it sounds almost like when an analog or 800mhz cell phone is picked up by PC speakers if that helps any. i don't know how many people have ever heard that sound.