What's new

I'm Having A Drink For The First Time Ever Tonight!! (1 Viewer)

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
Chuck, I love the alcoholic Shirley Temple idea. Next time you're out, order a Sloe Gin Fizz. I've always thought they were about the adult equivilent of the Shirley Temple. Don't be intimidated by the name, Sloe Gin is distinctly different than regular Gin. When I first started drinking mixed drinks, I also liked a good Tom Collins. Great summer drink - think of it as a tart lemonade.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I never drank a lot till I started going to UGA (top 10 party schools in nation). Spent way to much money on alcohol. Drank probably 3-4 times a week, and never in moderation. Anyone else attend schools like that?

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
hey, miami is one, man....btw, just got back in from a night with rum and coke (in moderation+)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Hey Chuck, I'm not certain how you took my above comment, but just to elaborate, it's a line from M*A*S*H (TV series) that's been in my head for 20 years or more. I always loved that line even though I had no clue who Jane Withers was. Must be Alda's delivery. :)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
March 10: I've been 21 for a couple months, and tonight is my best friend's 21st b-day. He's always wanted to see me have a drink, so I said enough is enough...for your birthday, I'm having a drink.

March 11: My first real drink was a rum and coke. I drank it in a span of 20 min and felt nothing. ...Then I ordered my own concoction which I am sure has a name: I love shirley temples, so I ordered one with vodka!! ...I don't really know if I felt something (drank it in 15-25 min). ...I called it quits at two drinks and was happy I tried my hand at some boozin plus it made my bud's night. It made everyone's night.

March 22: Well I just drank for the third time ever tonight and boy did I feel it!! Let's start with last night(second drink ever). I had a double shirley temple with vodka at a bar last night and I felt real tipsy! Tonight, I had two powerful rum and cokes. Talk about touchy-feely, I was hugging everyone! We were at a party with lotsa pretty Miami U. girls. I called my parents to announce my drunkness, and I even talked to my little brother! Then my head started to spin, so I laid down and sobered up. I felt a full range of emotions tonight man... I think I even cried at one point!

March 23: I drank 3 nights in a row this weekend, and I was fine guys...thrus night: shirely temple with stolie, fri night: cap't morgs and coke, sat night: belvedere vodka and shirley temple with a shot of tequila. I was a social butterfly all weekend...euphoric. I didn't get sick, sobered up in about 2-3 hrs after drinking, and here I am to tell the tale!

March 28: ...btw, just got back in from a night with rum and coke (in moderation+)

Chuck, when I posted yesterday I didn't remember that you were the originator of this thread. This morning I went back and read the whole thread. At 21+ years old, having never drank before, in a span of 12 days you went from "having a drink" for the benefit of a friend on his birthday to getting drunk three nights in a row.

I'm sure you're OK and just having a little fun experimenting with something that is totally new to you, but the differences between your origianl post and your latest posts is striking. Just a friendly reminder to take it easy.

Take care. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
My first real drink was a rum and coke. I drank it in a span of 20 min and felt nothing. ...Then I ordered my own concoction which I am sure has a name: I love shirley temples, so I ordered one with vodka!!
Make sure the rum is Captain Morgan! :D If you don't specify Cpt. Morgan and just say "Rum and Coke", they'll use Bacardi Rum and most people find that Bacardi makes them sick.

If you like Shirley Temples, I'd suggest "Slow Gin Fizzes", They're not powerful drinks, but they satisfy my sweet tooth. :)

Has anyone else mentioned the old cliche'

Liquor before beer - never fear
Beer before liquor - never sicker

i.e. If you're going to drink beer, make sure you do it after your alcohol drinks and don't go back to them. Once you switch to a beer, never drink anything else that night.

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Once you switch to a beer, never drink anything else that night.
Even after hearing that old saying for years, I still messed up. Started out drinking Appletons and Coke. After I was marginally platered, I decided it was time to slow down, so I switched to Coronas. I was feeling pretty good as the party was winding down, but there was about 1/3 bottle of rum left. A buddy and I decided that we had to finish it so it wouldn't go to waste (you don't really think at that stage). One very strong rum and coke later, and I was done. The world was spinning, and I couldn't close my eyes to try and sleep. About 30 minutes later, I was hunched over the kitchen sink.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
you sunds on bitches, the bartender made fun of me fer ordering a slow gin fizz...said it was a spsuiissy drink
(gim 3 sheets riught now btwq). then he was like whats newxyt, a shirely temple!! i lost it...so i had a captnms and coke....i love you guys...HTF ruelses

mods, please dont kill me for this thread, im sure steven spielberg isnt readign this one

i spoilerized this one realizing that it was just drunk talk ;)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I hope this is a joke, but I fear that it isn't.

One of these days I'll have to describe the time I almost died after drinking a pitcher of margaritas. Ah to be 24 and invincible again.

- Steve

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
BrettB makes an excellent point, Chuck C.

You've gone from no alcohol to getting plastered 3 times in a row - within two weeks.

Take it easy, bud. I enjoy a drink as much as the next person, and I like a variety of beers. And I've been plastered a few times. It's highly overrated.

The philosophical conversations can be fun, though! "Fart of Thor" comes to mind...:D

Ya can have those w/o the excess alcohol, too, though.

Mike

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well, Wednesday was my 21st birthday. Being that I had mid-terms on Wednesday and Thursday, and had to wake up at 4:45am Thursday and Friday to be at my internship by 6, I waited till Friday night to go out and celebrate my birthday. I went to a local bar with a few friends. I had about 3/4 of a bottle of champagne (that bar gives you a free bottle of champagne on your 21st birthday, and they gave it to me even though it was a couple days later), 2 or 3 beers, and something called a Minderaser (Kahlua, vodka, and seltzer I think was what my friend said was in it). By the time I left, I was out of it (I don't have a very high tolerance for alcohol). But I definitely had fun (until I had to clean the puke off of my floor the next morning). Normally, I don't drink anything except beer (except a couple shots every once in a while) but for my 21st, I figured I'd go all out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks