I'm gona do this

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Max Payne, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Max Payne

Max Payne Agent

I'm gona buy either the titanic 10" sub or 10" aci SV-10 and put it in a 1.89 cubic foot enclosure 7 tune it to 30Hz and put the AVA250 plate amp and run my a/v recivers sub level at +5 for my small home theater system in my small room.
    I dont need now BIG ass sub to please me.
    Will this design work for a small hometheater????
    Max Payne over & out
    --------------------

2. Max Payne

Max Payne Agent

Sorry i just worked this out i will seal it and turn it into a 1.5 cubic foot enclosure but i have heard of people using the titanic 10" sub and puting it into a 1.5 cubic foot enclosure & tuning the sub to 25Hz with a 3" wide port and 11.5" long with both ends flared and got great results any one hear use the titnaic

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Max,
    Why not just buy the SV10 along with ACI's PSA1 plate amp for $285 total? The amp is rated at 200W @4ohms and has 5 dB of boost at 28Hz with a defeat switch to disable it. I'm using two of these amps with my SV12's and they work great.
    Put the SV10 in a 1.5ft^3 sealed enclosure or 2ft^3 ported enclosure. There are alignments suggested right there with the driver specs.
    I like the SV10 over the Titanic 10" because it has more linear throw, but the Titanic is 3dB more efficient. So just decide which is best for you!
    Brian
    ------------------

4. Max Payne

Max Payne Agent

Thanks Bryan i'm working on both drivers with programs and it's turning out that the sv-10 will work best in a 2 cubic foot enclosure and i just orderd the package.
    I'm allready getting stuff to build it like 3/4" MDF wood, glue, t-nuts, everything.
    Thanks for all of the help guys.