What's new

I'm Going To Vietnam Soon... (1 Viewer)

Brett Halsey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
and I was wondering if anyone from the HTF has either travelled or lived there recently. If so, what was your experience like, do you have any recommendations of places to see and things to do.

I am going to be there for two weeks as my father wants to show my brother, sister and I, the places where he fought in the war.

Any posts will be appreciated.

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
Not recently...possibly I was there when your dad was. I think the Australians operated fairly close to Saigon, so you definitely want to see the city. Da Lat in the southern mountains is supposed to be pretty, and there are many nice beaches, though I didn't get to either of them.

I think you'll be impressed by the people and the greenery - the place is very, very green.

hwshi

Stunt Coordinator
hey brett, i just spent a month in vietnam this year(feb-mar).e-mail me with any questions too lazy right now to go into detail.
peace hwshi

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
This subject always pulls me in...but none of the articles I read ever mention the area of Viet-Nam where I spent 65-66.
About 55 miles south of Danang on the South China Sea is the village of Tam Ky. It's a beautiful beach that seemed to be at least a half mile of sand. We body surfed, starkers. Unlike "China Beach"...there were NO women.
The Marine base there was called Chu Lai, but that's not a Vietnamese name, it was a Chinese translation of "Krulak"...a Marine Commandant.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks