What's new

I'm getting my 73 inch!! suggestions?? (1 Viewer)

Brandon Steck

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I'm getting a Mitsubishi ws-73411 in a couple of weeks. I was originally going to go with a 65, but I'm getting an awesome deal on the 73 that I just can't pass up (2580 brand new). I've got Avia, I've got a line conditioner, I've got my order in for a custom set of component cables, and a Denon DVD-1600 but I wanted to get a little advice from some techies. Obviously I want to get the best quality out of my TV, and I've been reading about adjusting lenses and such for better focus. What all can I do myself to improve the picture that isn't just an "out of the box" adjustment like sharpness, brightness, etc.? Also, on this set, is red push going to be a problem? If so, what do I do to fix this? Spending 500-1000 on ISF calibration isn't in my realm of spending right now, so I want to do all I can myself. Any suggestions will surely help. Thanks!

Brandon

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The best thing you can do is calibrate it to the best of your abilities using AVIA, enjoy it for 4-6 months, and then have an ISF come in and do a full calibration. Usually an ISF runs around $300 and with a set that size (and the deal you're getting on it!) then it should be fairly easy to justify, especially 4-6 months down the road once the initial hit to the wallet has been forgoten a little lol.

With avia and some of the calibration how-to's available on the web and the disc it's self you should be able to get the set looking very good. An ISF will be able to get it looking that much better. You're paying for their time and training ofcourse, but more than that you're paying for the specialized (and expensive) equipment they have. Also, service menus can be very scary places for people who only know enough about what they're doing to get themselves in trouble (i know, i've been there).

Users who are viewing this thread