I'm getting fed up! That color wheel whine is back in my X1.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Inspector Hammer!, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    It looks like it's back to the shop for the second time for my Infocus X1 because that INCREDIBLY irritating color wheel "table saw" whine is back with a vengeance. [​IMG]

I removed the buld and cleaned the bulb cavity today n hopes that it would quiet it down a little to no avail, I even took the opprotunity to **CAREFULLY** clean the color wheel which really brought out my colors in a spectacular way, but that noise just ruins the whole thing for me.

Ya know, I love having a 96" screen and all that, but this is really starting to get me down on the whole idea of owning a FP system, I never had this kind of trouble with RP tv's that i've had in the past.

Sigh, ah well, at least it's still under warrenty.

2. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    I tell you what, those guys at Infocus really know how to take care of their customers! [​IMG]

I called them up this morning and got through fast, about 5 minute wait time, told the represenative my problem past and presant and he told me something that was disheartening to hear at first, he told me that the engine that would be required to repair the X1 was on backorder and that I would have to wait a month or more for the parts to come in. [​IMG]

But then, he told me that for $99.00 he could offer me another 2 years warrenty, my current one expires in June, AND, get this, they would send me out a factory reburbished ScreenPlay 4805 to replace the X1! I couldn't believe my ears, so essentially i'm getting a SP 4805 for $99.00 plus 2 more years warrenty.

I'm officially a very happy man right now. [​IMG]

3. Joel...Lane

Joel...Lane Second Unit

[​IMG] Excellent!

4. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Wow, that's cool John! Welcome to the 4805 club!

5. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Thanks, I can't wait to get this thing installed! I hear it's much better than the X1. [​IMG]