What's new

I'm FINALLY building my Tempest!!! (1 Viewer)

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
OK, I've been planning this baby for quite a while now, and now it's finally time to do it. I ordered everything (Tempest and AVA250) last week from CSS and they came on Monday. I was impressed with what I got.

The Tempest is nice and big, and decently heavy. There was some cosmetic damage, the cardboard guard around the front of the baffle was ripped a bit, and was a little loose, but I just glued it down tight and everything looks cool now. Its not a working part or anything, so I'm pretty sure I'll be OK.

I was very impressed with the size and weight of the amp, it was much bigger than I was expecting.

I picked up my MDF at Home Depot yesterday, and had some rough cuts made. I also picked up a 5.5" diameter sonotube, which meant I had to recalculate the length, but it's good because I'll have less of a problem squeezing everything into my footprint. Hopefully tonight I can get some, or all, of the precise cuts done, then maybe by the weekend I can cut out the holes, work on the bracing, etc. Unfortunately my new job has me working my ass off and now I have very little time to do anything at all, but I'll squeeze time in for this.

I'm so happy its finally here!!! :D

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Oh yeah, one question (for now):

What type of silicone should I use for sealing? This is to make sure the port is fixed airtight to the box, and maybe for any problem areas inside, just in case my cuts aren't perfect. I have closed cell tape for around the driver.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
OK, a new question as well. The Adire is supposed to sum the inputs, is it not? When I hooked up briefly to test after unpacking, I plugged the sub out from my receiver into the left input on the amp. I got a signal OK, but I'm not sure that the auto turn on was working...

zane

Stunt Coordinator
I just got some white general use caulk or you can get the clear silicon to seal the cracks, if you make the sub well you shouldn't even need to use it but its a good thing to do though. To check the auto turn on see if the red light in the upper right turns green when a signal is sent to it. I'm using the same setup as you but I had to send the amp back when I got it because it wasn't giving any output, I"m suppose to get the new amp monday so I hope to god this one works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks