I'm engaged!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Jun 25, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I'm engaged! I proposed to my girlfriend of 18 months last Friday evening, and she said yes! She didn't even hesitate or need any convincing! [​IMG] To say the least, I am ecstatic, as is she. I always thought that I would not propose in a special place such as a fancy restaurant or on vacation or on a special day (birthday, Valentine's Day, etc.). I didn't want to be predictable. She and I had planned to get together on Friday night, and we were just hanging out at her place when I popped the question. She was shocked, to say the least. It took me six weeks to pick out the stone that was worthy of her. The look on her face when she saw the ring (she is most unassuming and modest) was priceless. I will never forget it.
    We are giving ourselves some time to tell our family and friends, so we have not set a date yet. We have a few ideas and will continue to discuss it. The same goes for the location. We have a lot of work ahead of us to plan a suitable wedding, but we are very excited.
    Some might say that my days of pursuing the hobby of audio and home theater are over. Sure, I will have to curtail purchases somewhat, but she is amazingly supportive of my interest. She loves music and is an incredible movie buff. In fact, she was a film/video major in college (Penn State, where I did my undergrad. work). She doesn't have a home-theater set-up, but she has a DVD player and shows an interest in learning more about equipment.
    Whenever we go to electronics stores, she gets mesmerized by HDTVs, plasma TVs, and the whole nine yards. She informed me a long time ago that we will have a big-screen TV of some sort. Her preference is for a widescreen TV. She despises pan-and-scan. When I told her way back when of the HTF's policy about pan-and-scan versus widescreen, she replied, "Sounds like my kind of place." So, in terms of audio and home theater, we complement each other very well. I am more into audio, while she is more into home theater. Of course, she and I complement each other in many ways. [​IMG]
    So, there you have it. Once again, to say I am excited is an understatement.

2. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor

Congrats, Keith. She sounds like a real gem, treat her right (I'm sure you will).

Good luck with everything!

3. Kevin Potts

Kevin Potts Second Unit

Congratulations Keith

Sounds like a match made in heaven.

4. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Congrats!! I got engaged a little over a month ago. Now you get to help plan the wedding.[​IMG]

5. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

6. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

Congrats! Having just gotten married, I remember being engaged quite well [​IMG] Have a blast but don't stress yourselves out, which is VERY easy to do. And no, it doesn't mean your HT days are over at all, it simply means you picked the right girl. And while being engaged is great, being married is even better! You've definetely got something great to look forward to.

7. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

Congratulations!

I also proposed to my girlfriend recently. I am still getting used to saying "fiancee."

8. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

You stupid, stupid, son of a.....Nah just kidding, congrats on the engagement. Have you two decided where you will be married, and the honeymoon???

9. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

Congratulations Keith. A friend of mine just got engaged this past weekend. It must be going around.
    When I think back to when I proposed to my wife I still can't believe that I was able to work up the courage to do it. I knew she'd say yes but man, what the hell do you do if she doesn't? Thank god she said yes!
    I had a hard time saying fiancee without getting a stupid grin on my face. Good luck!
    Okay, fess up! Was it really you that bought the Barry Manilow CD or did the fiancee make you do it? [​IMG] I have to know where to aim the stone you know....

10. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

Congratulations Keith [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I am really happy for you. Sounds like you have a really great future wife there. Especially since she understands our addiction here [​IMG]
    I too recently got married last year and when you guys finally set a date I fully recommend checking out the The Farmhouse for a beautiful reception hall. Very elegant!
    Oh yeah, what wedding song will you two pick? Will it be an SACD [​IMG]

11. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Congrats Keith! She sounds like a great woman! I wish you and her all the happiness in the future.
    She got a sister? I kid, I kid, [​IMG]

12. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Congrats, Keith! Yeah! What's with the Manilow CD?
    BTW, if you ever need a place to store all your equipment, I will volunteer my spare room. [​IMG]

13. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

My condolences, Keith. (just kidding!) [​IMG]
    Congratulations, man! A co-worker of mine just popped the question and his girlfriend is now his fiancee. Man, this stuff just keeps goin' around and 'round, doesn't it! May many happy years of marriage be in store for you and your fiancee. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

Congratulations, Keith. And make sure you post a thread to HTF on your wedding day like that other guy did not long ago. [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Robert McDonald

Robert McDonald Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Congratulations, Keith! I've been married 19 years and remember vividly the engagement, planning for the wedding, etc. Just don't get too uptight about anything; things that may seem unimportant to you may be very important to her, so you'll need to go with the flow.
    (and are you sure she just isn't marrying you for you (HT) equipment?)

16. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

Congratulations! May your days together be filled with love, happiness and HT!

17. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

Great news, Keith. Good luck!

18. EricK

EricK Second Unit

Eric
    Congrats Keith! Good Luck to both of you...hope we can all still get together soon...Having been engaged now for about 6 months and a wedding coming in Nov, I know how quickly your time disappears. Lots of things to do, etc, etc.
    Hehehehe, scared yet? Nahhh....don't be....It's the most fun you can have! If you make it fun!!! [​IMG]
    Eric.

19. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Thanks all for the kind words. The excitement hasn't worn off. Somehow, I don't think it will. [​IMG]
    Chris said:

20. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Keith,
    Congratulations!
    You really should tell your and her parents before anyone else, including us, that would be proper.
    I got engaged in October last year and we're getting marreid in October this year. The HTF cruise is going to be the second half of our honeymoon (the first half will be in Paris and the Loire Valley - much nicer and more romantic [​IMG]).
    Have fun the wedding plans are a lot of work. The good news is that if she's enthusiastic about it (most brides are) then it's less work for you..... But not much less. :p)
    Now I'm in the midst of getting my house ready for cohabitation. New paint, new carpeting, some crown moulding, etc. Lots of work.
    I knew she was wonderful already, but I'll never forget one day we were walking through Best Buy and she asked "So why don't you have one of those big widescreen sets yet?". My reaction was --> [​IMG]. And the statement that I can't afford one [​IMG] and mine still works GREAT (big [​IMG]).