What's new

I'm Dickens, He's Fenster Volume 2 (1 Viewer)

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
It's been a while since the release of I'm Dickens, He's Fenster Volume 1. It might be interesting to know when Volume 2 will be on sale.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Well, I guess interest for the release of Volume 2 isn't really high, Volume 1 came 14 months ago. Maybe someone from the company that released Volume 1 might give us some details

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
With Leonard Stern's passing, I wouldn't think that there would be any driving force trying to push any further release.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Neil Brock said:
With Leonard Stern's passing, I wouldn't think that there would be any driving force trying to push any further release.

No offspring who might wanna, "do it for dad"?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
No offspring who might wanna, "do it for dad"?
In my experience with performers' heirs, they only want to do it if its going to fatten their wallet. Otherwise, they couldn't care less. Unlike the people who created the shows, the relatives have zero interest in the artistic worth.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Neil Brock said:
In my experience with performers' heirs, they only want to do it if its going to fatten their wallet. Otherwise, they couldn't care less. Unlike the people who created the shows, the relatives have zero interest in the artistic worth.
There *are* exceptions. A couple are: Mary Owen, daughter of Donna Reed, with The Donna Reed Show S4 & S5 releases and Sam Nelson, son of Ricky Nelson, with his current project getting The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriett released. From everything I've read about those two projects the heirs are wanting to keep their parent's legacy alive. But outside of those two I have to agree. Most seem to block access to materials by interested third parties unless their, typically inflated, perceived value of the product is met.

From the general lack of communication from the producers during production and release of the first half of the season I doubt we'll hear anything at all. Their home page *still* shows the current release as "pre order" status. I still don't understand why they just didn't release the entier season in one set rather than breaking it up into half season sets. Considering the sole release has been at "fire sale" prices at Amazon since Christmas Day 2012 it makes one wonder if they're dumping inventory because it just didn't sell as well as expected. If that's the case we'll never see the 2nd half of the series. I *did* send a "where is V2?" message via their website but don't expect a response since I never received any type of replies while S1 was in production.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
BobO'Link said:
There *are* exceptions. A couple are: Mary Owen, daughter of Donna Reed, with The Donna Reed Show S4 & S5 releases and Sam Nelson, son of Ricky Nelson, with his current project getting The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriett released. From everything I've read about those two projects the heirs are wanting to keep their parent's legacy alive. But outside of those two I have to agree.
What about the Arnazes?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Joe Lugoff said:
What about the Arnazes?
Absolutely! I sometimes forget how much Lucie and Desi, Jr. work to keep their parent's legacy alive. I believe the iconic nature of that work helps to hide that they are in the background pushing.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I was a little concerned when they released a half season to start . I did enjoy the show . It was funnier than I remembered . I really hope they release the second half of the show .

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Here's an update on "I'm Dickens, he's Fenster" Volume 2 with a reply (July 30) from their Facebook page:ME: Well I guess we can safely say there won't be a volume 2. Too bad because that was a funny show but we won't have the last laughTHEM: No, this is NOT the case, Maurice! Keep the faith, Vol 2 is in the works. We will be announcing plans soon.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
rmw650 said:
So just curious...are we ever going to see the second volume release of this show or not?

When "we shall be announcing plans soon" was almost a year and a half ago, I doubt that we'll ever see the 2nd half.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
borisfw said:
Too bad . They did a great job with the first set . I really enjoyed the episodes . I cringe whenever i see half season sets .

My feelings exactly.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
When "we shall be announcing plans soon" was almost a year and a half ago, I doubt that we'll ever see the 2nd half.

Translation: Soon = When Pigs Fly

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
This has about as much chance of coming out as the 15 episodes of My Living Doll that no longer exist do.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I wonder if it would have sold more had it been THE COMPLETE SERIES from the start. Did they not have the money for doing it that way or was there some other reason for the split set?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks