What's new

"I'm Dickens, He's Fenster" reportedly coming (1 Viewer)

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Seen an announcement today at tvshowsondvd.com that the series is coming to DVD in 2011. I don't like it that they are splitting this into two volumes. If the first volume doesn't sell well, then perhaps the second volume won't come out at all. So I will wait to see if both volumes are released before I put any money towards this. I don't want to be stuck with half a season. It's a one season TV show, they should just put the whole series out in one shot.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I've actually never heard of the company producing the DVD. Pardon me for being a skeptic, but we SURE this is going to be a quality release? I'm just a bit wary here.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I'm not concerned about the quality, I'm fairly certain the quality will be good. I also expect the episodes will be uncut. But the studio splitting this into two volumes is cause for concern, it gives them the option to cancel the 2nd volume if the 1st one sells below expectations. So I'll just wait to see if both volumes are issued before I place an order.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well, Lecagr, don't shoot yourself in the foot. If enough people think like you, then you can be sure that the second volume will never come out!!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So, because he fears that they may possibly cancel the second volume if sales are too low, he refuses to buy the first volume, thereby lowering sales and, if enough people think like him, making sure that the second volume never comes.

Is that a self-fulfilling prophesy?

rcbrad

Agent
Real Name
Rick
If they were that worried about the second volume selling, they would probably choose to release all of episodes in one set and not split it up. I would think that most people who buy the first set would also buy the second set. If they went to all of the trouble to remaster all episodes, it seems doubtful that they would not release all of them. It's been stated that two volumes are being released and not just a mention of volume one being released.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
Well, Lecagr, don't shoot yourself in the foot. If enough people think like you, then you can be sure that the second volume will never come out!!
LOL yea you've got that right and you can be sure there are others who think like me. I feel it is ludicrous for the company to split a one season TV show into two volumes. It makes no sense unless they plan to milk this and double dip the consumer, similar to what CBS DVD has done with the My Three Sons DVD's. And I'm telling you, music issues aside many My Three Sons fans are not happy with those seasons being split into two sets. I'll just wait and see if both volumes of this are released. If so, I'll order both provided the price is reasonable. If they charge 30 or 40 bucks for a half season of 16 episodes, that's too expensive and I won't take the bait. If they would release the whole series in one shot and charge 35 bucks for it, that I would go for.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man
So, because he fears that they may possibly cancel the second volume if sales are too low, he refuses to buy the first volume, thereby lowering sales and, if enough people think like him, making sure that the second volume never comes.

Is that a self-fulfilling prophesy?
Yeah, I think we've all been guilty of it, though. We need to knock it off and just buy the shows we really want. Let's face it--half a season is better than nothing, if that's how it turns out. However, their press release really sounded like they were committing to both halves of the season, so I think I have enough confidence to go ahead and order the first half when it becomes available. For some reason I'm not worried about it this time around.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I, too, am not overly happy with the split seasons as I feel this is usually done to get a higher overall price for a full season based on the track record of those who've come before. But... I'll still order this unless it's priced like it's a full season. I'm somewhat excited about the announcement!

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Yes, this is either one long teaser for a release or something's up. Kind of like the long-promised biography of Glenn Ford by his son either can't find a home or can't be whitewashed fast enough...

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
No one mentioned this yet but Leonard Stern passed away last month so no doubt this release will most likely quietly go away.

S

silverking

shoeshineboy said:
Yes, this is either one long teaser for a release or something's up. Kind of like the long-promised biography of Glenn Ford by his son either can't find a home or can't be whitewashed fast enough...
The biography of Glenn Ford by his son has actually been published & is far from a whitewash !.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Same here. I've contacted the "producers" of this product several times about the release expressing concern over rumors of a split-season release and have not heard a single word. The only email I've received from signing up for the newsletter was the initial welcome email.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The website says the dvd is still coming--in the fall. I'm not worried. "The Mothers-in-Law" had a big delay too, but that eventually came out.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Well, fall is here. No word, no announcement, no information. If it was actually coming out I'd think we would have heard something by this point.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
It's beginning to look like this release died along with Leonard Stern or is at least is awaiting another project sponsor. The lack of any kind of update, or even word of who was distributing this, does raise questions about its viability.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Does anyone know how far along they were with preparing this release? If they were getting close to finishing, maybe it wouldn't take too much effort to finish it up. I'm trying to find a way to have some hope about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks