What's new

I'm calling it quits with X-Files Season Eight (1 Viewer)

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Most of my favorite eps over the years were the comedic ones, or the ones where the cast and writers have fun. Like the ep where Mulder swiched bodies with the one guy, and the guy discovered Mulder did have a bedroom. That one was great.

But alot of the MOW standalones do shine as well.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Are there any seasons that tie most of the ongoing stories up at the end? Or do they all end in cliffhangers?

I've heard season 7-9 are pretty bad, so I was considering picking up 1-6 if I can find them cheap. But I'd hate to get season 6 knowing things are left up in the air...

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Season 7 will probably be my last too. Is the last show available separately?

richardWI

Second Unit
And don't forget Gibson Praise
How could we forget Gibson Praise? He's THE KEY to the X-Files! ...or he was until the writers got bored with him and the next key to the X-Files was discovered. I should have had a drinking game going: take a swig anytime Mulder declares someone, or something, to be the ultimate key to the X-Files. Would been a lot more fun!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I haven't watch many of the DVD episodes yet, so my memory of most of the episodes is pretty fuzzy. I seem to recall that the moment where the series first lost me was when Mulder was stuck in the Russian prison camp ("Tunguska") and injected with the mysterious black oil. He and Krycek escaped but were separated. The folks who found Krycek hacked off his arm to "cure" him of the oil. Mulder, meanwhile, showed up in DC, arm intact and apparently no worse for the wear.

From this point forward in the series, I could never really explain the "conspiracy" to anyone who asked me about it. Marita Covarrubias, the guys with the faces stitched shut, superbaby Emily, Cassandra, Gibson Praise, etc... everyone of these characters felt like somebody had taken three jigsaw puzzles and mixed them up in a single box - each of these plotlines probably worked in isolation, but I couldn't relate them back to a single cohesive whole. The stand alone episodes are now to me the only significant reason for revisiting the series, since the conspiracy just devolves into a series of unresolved questions.

Brad

BobG

Stunt Coordinator
Marita Covarrubias is the Special Assistant to the Secretary General who had an on again, off again love affair with Krycek.

The Guys with their faces sewn shut are the "faceless" rebels hell-bent on stopping the planned armageddon set forth by the Syndicate

Superbaby Emily, Cassandra Spender, and Gibson Praise are Alien-Human Hybrids.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The very last episode where Mulder came back was a real turkey. They have this huge build up to have it turn into the last episode of Seinfeld (which was also painful to watch in the last 2/3rds) with a court tribunal and a "clip show."

Ugh!! After the movie things really went to pot. With this show it was the getting there that was the fun, not the ultimate arrival. The lame wrap-ups never were anywhere as good as what they had been hinting at for the first five seasons. Carter lost complete focus and was pulling things out of his --- and it was very apparent.

Because of the very large costs involved in buying these sets, and the mediocre transfer and compression quality I have only bought Season 1 so far.

Fox really is shooting itself in the foot if they don't drop their prices on these sets, especially after Season 9 is released.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks