What's new

I'm buying SNES on ebay... couple questions... (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Haha! Pilotwings was a very innovative game but I kept feeling like I was in some sort a dream while I was playing. :) Everything going soo slow and relaxing... ahhhh.... Until you crash land into the hard cement! BAM!! :laugh:

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I bought a SNES at a thrift store, complete in the box, minus the game, but I can't get it to work. I bought a console cleaning kit but when I put in a game all I get is a black screen. Super Mario Kart ($3) puts up the Nintendo logo and chimes, but after that it just flickers. Is this a normal problem, like the NES blue screen?

jeremy

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Not normal. While the original NES had that type of problems due to bad contact design the top slot fixed that. I think something inside is damaged or fried.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I didn't see Secret of Mana mentioned yet. That is a must have imo! If it was mentioned and I missed it, sorry...but it deserves more than one nod anyways :)

KyleK

Second Unit
A quick question while we're on the subject of SNES: which is the best Street Fighter game? I think there are at least four different ones.

Thanks,
Kyle

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
A quick question while we're on the subject of SNES: which is the best Street Fighter game? I think there are at least four different ones.
Street fighter 2 turbo (the second one) for Snes. The best overall though-the champion edition arcade rom.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Sadly the best version of SF2: Super Street Fighter II Turbo didn't come out on SNES (but 3DO, DC, and PC). It featured Alpha style super powers with SF2 series style gameplay/animation. Link
Personally I prefer SSF2 over SF2T for the SNES.

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Well, it arrived today (yay!) Actually, the shipping was 12.20, so I did pretty good. Played about 10 min of Super Mario World (damn that game is fun) and Street Fighter; had to get back to work. Nice... the SMW cart seems a bit tweaky/loose. Shouldn't be a problem I guess. Ooh, this will be fun! I plugged it into the 27" wega in the living room with the multi rca cable I got at the local thrift shop for 33 1/3 cents (got that, Snow Crash (Neil Stephenson) and a Cyberpunk guide (St. Jude, R.U. Sirius) for a dollar. Love it.) and it looks fantastic. It's being relegated to our old Sanyo 27" in the second bedroom though; Dedicated video game/DJ lounge. Now to find cheap receiver/speakers to hook up, and lots o' fun ahead! Thanks again guys!

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
The graphics mess up could be from dirty contacts. Clean the contacts with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol (I did for Mario and it came off black! no more problems running the game...)

Thanks so much guys! I have a fat list of games to raid pawn shops for now!

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks