What's new

I'm buying SNES on ebay... couple questions... (1 Viewer)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Hey guys, the bug hit me, and i'm finally getting the SNES I've always wanted but never got around to /couldn't afford (different times). I'm trying to get a good system, with some good games. There's an auction that I'm going to battle for today probably.
It's not the new school snes console, that looked good, but I found one with the box (not ready to spend enough to get a new unused console, but that sounds nice;)
Maybe this question should be in VGSoftware, but what were your top ten games for SNES?
Does anyone here have advice, or a system that they want to sell?
I'm really looking forward to jamming on SNES again...

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Mario Kart
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario RPG
Starfox
Final Fantasy III
Actraiser
Contra III
SF2 Turbo
Many, many more...my brain is fried.
And no, mine will never be for sale. :)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'd add Final Fantasy 2 to that list (although the PSX port is much better), as well as Super Punch Out.

Good luck trying to find some of them though. The RPGs especially will run you a LOT, since some of them are pretty rare. I've seen FF2 and 3 going for over $100 each around here. That being said though, I did get Mario RPG from a video store for $5 last year, so there are still games out there.

And no, my copies aren't for sale either. Good luck with the search!

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
I'll second the others, but don't forget:

Donkey Kong Country (and 2 and 3)
F-Zero
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat II
SimCity
Super Castlevania IV

Also, get a Game Genie and a Super Game Boy!

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Tecmo Super Bowl
Super Tennis
Super Baseball Simulator 1.000

Would be my additions to the list in the sporting venue.

Glen

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Good recommendations Glenn!!
Baseball Simulator 1.000 was/is a great game!
Definitely Rock'n Roll Racing
If I were to buy a SNES, which I want to badly, the first game I would get would be Super Black Bass. Man I loved that game!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Doh! How could I forget Zelda!?! Especially that Zelda?!? Easily the best Zelda ever made.

Oh...I'm a failure....

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Super R-Type is awesome
Illusion of Gaia
If you really want some cool stuff get a Super Game Boy. That way you can get Metroid II and Zelda:Links Awakening plus some other great gameboy games.
Tetris& Dr. Mario(one cartridge, two great games!)
Kirby's Avalanche(another great puzzle game)
Tetris Attack(Pokemon Puzzle League on N64 is great too!)
Yoshi's Cookie
Mega Man X 1-3(2 and 3 are rare. Good luck)
Lufia series
Breath of Fire series
Shadowrun

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
So, I think we all agree that there are a ton of good SNES games to get with a system.
Heck, this thread has made me think about going out and picking up a few more of these. :)
Glen

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Well, I won the auction last night, with not too much fighting, with these games for 36 bucks (48 w/shipping) and the unit comes with the original box:
Donkey Kong Country,
Super Mario World,
F-Zero
Starfox
Street Fighter 2
NBA Jam
Super R-Type
Now, I'm heading off to the pawn shops, then ebay to pick up the rest (Zelda, Super Metroid, MK2 first!, then Contra III, etc...). Thank you for all the suggestions. I'm really looking forward to this. Right now, there's a brand new new-type snes console up there for 60. it was tempting to me (to put up in the closet for posterity) but for now, this was a good set. Someone should nab that one though. There's lots of systems out there, just find one with a good game selection and grab it.
:D
ps: anyone ever play Jaki Crush? Really bizzare Japanese pinball/demon/I don't know what game. Super fun, I played it at a friends house in college, and I want to find the cart.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Great price, but he/she's making a pretty profit on shipping. Still much better than if you bought it seperately at Funcoland.
One more game I forgot to mention is Super Bomberman 2.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Another thumbs up for Super Bomberman 2, especially if you have any other people to play it with. Did anyone mention Secret of Mana??! A worthy Square game, and it hasn't been ported to any other console like FF2/FF3/Chrono Trigger.

KyleK

Second Unit
If you can find it, I definitely recommend you pick up METAL WARRIORS at all costs, for the most intense 2-D two-player battles you'll ever have. I still play it every time I have friends over. The main game fun and challenging too.
Kyle :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks