What's new

I'm beginning to become a "DTS GUY". (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Rob i totally agree. There are some fantastic dolby tracks. Like you said Episode's 1 and 2 are some of the best soundtracks out there

capt

Robert McClanahan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Joey.I just try to enjoy the movie.I have participated in several DTS vs Dolby Digital threads in the past and it just boils down to what YOUR ears think sounds the best.:)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I have participated in several DTS vs Dolby Digital threads in the past and it just boils down to what YOUR ears think sounds the best.
If it only would remain as such,but the "mandatory" misinformations and "internet facts",always manage to get in the way.

ChrisA

Second Unit
We need a new Dolby Digital format as well as a new DTS format for the upcoming 'HD-DVD' format which could utilize around 2 Mbit/sec or so (actually, you could use 10mbit/sec if you really wanted to.. and still ahve 20+mbit sec for video, however, video is much more demanding, so realistically, 2-4 mbit/sec should be used for the primary audio track, and standard DD for other languages and accessory tracks). There is no reason to suffer with 480k, 600k, or 7XXk/s for your primary audio track when you have a format like BLU-RAY offering 34 Mbit/sec... Once you start using higher bandwidths, these battles should not be as important anymore, especially if we use lossless compression.

I'm not saying we have 10Mbit/sec to use on 24/96 MLP for Blu Ray movies: video is so much more demanding. However, 20/48 MLP would be an outstanding format for the consumer market as described in the petition on my signature file. Again, at the very least, Dolby digital needs to come out with an advanced, 'new and improved' alogrithm that is LESS HARSH and takes advantage of being able to use much more bandwidth. DTS is already SCALABLE, but DD is NOT. DD has a limit of 640k/sec which is seen on D-Theater titles.

We talk about improving the video for HD-DVD. We need to talk about our expectation for the audio improvement for the upcoming 'HD-DVD' format. We need to take advantage of the huge increase in bandwidth that BLU-RAY and similar new optical formats are offering. Warner Brothers fails to acknowledge ANY improvement in audio with their persistent pushing of current (old) DVD technology for a future HD-DVD format...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks