I'm an idiot, need help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John*Jones, Jun 21, 2002.

1. John*Jones

John*Jones Stunt Coordinator

I'm in the process of building a HT and I've been buying it piece by piece. I already have a PS2 I'll be using for my DVD player, so I went online and purchased a cable to connect it to the receiver I will eventually be buying. I accidentally purchased a component video cable without thinking...my TV does not have component video in. If I were to keep the cable and I hook it up to my receiver from the ps2 with component video in (i'll be getting a denon 2602) do I have to run a component video out in order to receive a signal on my tv...or can i run component video into the receiver and run it out through s-video? I apologize if this is a stupid question [​IMG] I realize I might not be getting the advantage of component video, but I just don't want to have to go out and buy another cable if it isn't necessary (the cable I bought cannot be returned).

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I'm 99% sure the Denon 2802 does not convert any video signals. A careful read of the manual available online in PDF format should confirm this though.

So if you run a signal in by component it must leave by component. If it goes in by S-Video, it must leave by S-Video. If it goes in by composite, it must leave by composite.

3. John*Jones

Thanks Dustin...I had a haunting suspicion that was the case...oh well, lesson learned...I'll keep the cable for future use when I purchase a HDTV a few years from now.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Can't you just return the cable and get the one you need?

5. John*Jones

I can't return the cable unfortunately...I got it used for a great deal on eBay.