1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm an idiot, need help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John*Jones, Jun 21, 2002.

1. John*Jones

John*Jones Stunt Coordinator

I'm in the process of building a HT and I've been buying it piece by piece. I already have a PS2 I'll be using for my DVD player, so I went online and purchased a cable to connect it to the receiver I will eventually be buying. I accidentally purchased a component video cable without thinking...my TV does not have component video in. If I were to keep the cable and I hook it up to my receiver from the ps2 with component video in (i'll be getting a denon 2602) do I have to run a component video out in order to receive a signal on my tv...or can i run component video into the receiver and run it out through s-video? I apologize if this is a stupid question [​IMG] I realize I might not be getting the advantage of component video, but I just don't want to have to go out and buy another cable if it isn't necessary (the cable I bought cannot be returned).

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I'm 99% sure the Denon 2802 does not convert any video signals. A careful read of the manual available online in PDF format should confirm this though.

So if you run a signal in by component it must leave by component. If it goes in by S-Video, it must leave by S-Video. If it goes in by composite, it must leave by composite.

3. John*Jones

Thanks Dustin...I had a haunting suspicion that was the case...oh well, lesson learned...I'll keep the cable for future use when I purchase a HDTV a few years from now.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Can't you just return the cable and get the one you need?

5. John*Jones

I can't return the cable unfortunately...I got it used for a great deal on eBay.