What's new

I'm a newbie to online shopping, I need help. (1 Viewer)

dreamylynda

Auditioning
Real Name
dreamylynda
I want to find an iPhone case that is shiny and sparkling for my iPhone 3GS, price does not mean anything to me.

I'm not familiar with online shopping but I can't find a satisfying case in the market, that's why I try to search on the Internet & question here. And how can I pay online? Can I transfer by bank? But I think it's too risky to do so, does anyone got any ideas on the iPhone case and a safer way to online payment please?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
On amazon.com typing "iphone 3gs case" in the search field results in several screens of options to purchase.

For payment, a credit or debit card is usually the easiest method.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'd use a credit card but NOT an ATM/debit card. There are different limits to your liability if they get hacked. Your exposure on a credit card is minimal ($50 IIRC) but a perp could just clean out your checking account using an ATM/debit card with little recourse.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I haven't had a credit card in 10 yrs. or more, and don't want one. I always use the atm, bank, check card (whatever you want to call it), and have never had a problem, so far. Not saying it couldn't happen though. Anything is possible..............

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
A perfectly safe method is to figure out how much your order will be with shipping and handling and go to your bank and buy a Visa gift card in that amount. They may charge you a few bucks, or they may let you have one for free depending on your bank and your type of account. Then, it acts exactly like a credit card. Amazon or any other retailer will think it is one. But, once the amount you purchased is used up, that's it. There's nothing for anybody to steal.

If you buy somewhere that takes PayPal, be advised that you'll need to put an extra dollar on the gift card. PP charges any new card a dollar to make sure it's a real card, and that'll come out of your gift card's total amount. It'll be put back, but it won't do you any good in the short term.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Ebay is good, since all sellers (or nearly all sellers) accept PayPal -- which means the sellers never even know your financial info.

Accessories for cell phones are common ebay items. I get my replacement earpads (for my bluetooth) via ebay all the time. Got my cell phone case from ebay too.

DooDoo

Auditioning
Real Name
DooDoo
I'd like to shopping at a special website...Because there are some items can't sell on ebay....

My favorite website ---- http://www.Cross-Mark.com... Because it's cheap than ebay...

DooDoo

Auditioning
Real Name
DooDoo
I'd like to shopping at a special website...Because there are some items can't sell on ebay....

My favorite website ---- http://www.Cross-Mark.com...

Because it's cheap than ebay...

DooDoo

Auditioning
Real Name
DooDoo

DooDoo

Auditioning
Real Name
DooDoo

emartshopping

Auditioning
Real Name
Emart
Australia largest online shopping mall
and price comparison shopping web site,
find discount products from 1000's of online shops
and stores around Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads