Ill let you know how the Pearl Harbor DVD is tommorow morning

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CaptDS9E, Nov 23, 2001.

1. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

My mom did some early bird holiday shopping today, and I asked her if she had a chance to pick me up Planet of the Apes and How the Grinch... which she did, but the store she shopped at also put out Pearl Harbor(the 2 disc set) so she grabbed it for me since she knew it was put out way too early. So tonight Ill give it a spin and let you know my thoughts in the morning. I opened it up and I like the case they used. Its a new type of case which is cardboard and has a disc on each side of the case. No loose disc holder flapping back and forth. People will probably complain it will get ruined , but i say take care of your stuff. See ya tommorow with my review

2. kevin_asai

kevin_asai Stunt Coordinator

Great [​IMG]
    I can't wait for your comment [​IMG]

3. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

I'm very much looking forward to your comments, though I think I'm going to hold out for the Vista Series DVD coming next year. Thanks for offering to post your opinions!

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

There will be a slight delay in my review. I got home late last night and I didnt feel like waking the neighbors up

:) It will be up later today.

5. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Damn, Joey! Does your mom always spoil you like that? [​IMG]

6. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Whatta cool Mom!

7. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

LOL not really as i pay for all my own stuff :)

OK NOW ONTO MY THOUGHTS on the dvd. Finally :)

I just finished watching it and the Picture is georgeous. Another stunning dvd transfer. I was glued to the excellent scenary. The DTS soundtrack is awesome as well expecially during the fight scenes. One of my favorite soundtracks on dvd. A few other reviewers on some sites said the sound was lacking in some places, but its just how I remember it when i saw it at the movies.

When i saw it on its opening weekend I liked the movie. I guess im a fan of Jerry B. Of course i think the love story could have been cut down a tad, but the last hour and a half made up for it. But today watching the movie hit home.

Its been almost 3 months now since Sept 11th. The day when when we were once again attacked as a nation. As a 22 year old New Yorker I of course was not around during the Pearl harbor attack. Our elders were there, and they lived through all that suffering. After years of struggle they came out on top in the end. Up to 3 months ago most of us had never felt our freedom compromised or threatend. But on that day we all felt it being attacked. Today as I was headed to bestbuy to pick up a gift for christmas, we passed by a church. The block was cut off by baracades. Outside the church was a big american flag hanging from 2 cranes. Lined up and down the street were hundred's of Firefighters who were there to show respect for one of there own who died on Sept 11th. It keeps hitting closer and closer to home. When I got home I watched Pearl Harbor. Is it the greatest movie ever? Not even close. But it shows you that we will overcome anything thrown at us, to protect our freedom. Our brave Firefighters, police and military all put there lives on the line everyday. Up until 3 months ago most Americans didn't care. Now they do. As long as we have those brave heroes, Our freedom to live and love will endure.

Capt

8. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Is the shot with Bruce Willis as Die Hard's John McClane still in the film?

9. Gruson

Gruson Second Unit

What store had it out early????
    Please let me know:
    [email protected]
    I happened to love this movie and cannot wait for the DVD.

10. kevin_asai

kevin_asai Stunt Coordinator

What is it all about? What do you mean by Bruce Willis in Pearl Harbor? Is this some kinda joke? [​IMG]

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

No, some people think they digitally inserted Bruce Willis from one of his other movies (Die Hard III, I think) into scene where you see a lot of soldiers milling around after getting bombed by the Japanese (and covered with smoke/soot/blood/sweat/etc), and the nurses are trying to perform triage on the most wounded men.

12. Mark E J

Mark E J Second Unit

What I heard is that was inserted by some guy a ILM a week before the films premiere as a joke. Supposedly it is some B-roll footage from DH1. Apparently Bay was not to happy about it, so it will be interesting to see if it is removed.
    My guess is that it will be removed from the DC but not the one comming out next week.
    [​IMG]

13. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

14. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

I am also quite impressed in the video and audio of this film. I know a lot of people didn't like the film, but I did.

And I can't believe I got it a week early! My work rules. It's their fault for putting it out. What am I going to do, tell them they're out early?

-Nate

15. Brad M

Brad M Second Unit

Yes, Bruce Willis can be seen on the DVD. If you want to see him, he can be seen in the scene where the nurse is marking people's foreheads with lipstick. He walks by clearly in the background just after the nurse sees her dead friend. His expression never changes. It is at 2 hrs 1 minute and 51 seconds on disc one. Kinda funny but I don't think it should be there.

16. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

OMG! It is him! I can't believe it! I can't believe they got away with it!