Ikon7 speakers from Dali.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by EdClay, Jan 5, 2006.

1. EdClay

EdClay Agent

I was looking at their web site dali.dk and found
    this new line of speakers. The suggested MSRP is $2000 per pair. They are 6 ohm with a nominal impedance of 92 db. They also use a ribbon tweeter module.Has anyone heard these yet? I understand that dealers have started receiving
    them, but no luck in Knoxville, TN yet.

2. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i was interested with dali speakers, but there are too many models in their website. too confusing. it was hard for me to determine which one would suit me best.

i was going to compare dali with monitor audio gold...but which dali???

3. EdClay

EdClay Agent

I understand the frustration. My Dali dealer says he will have this model in stock in about two weeks and I will give them a try here at the house.Most of the speakers at this store are setup with Arcam and Lexicon processors and amps. I will see how they sound on a beer budget.I think
    Dali has Concept,Suite,Ikon,Elegance,Piano,Royal Helicon,Euphonia,and Magaline models.

4. BobJ

BobJ Stunt Coordinator

Just heard the Ikon6 (7s are on the way) and was very, very impressed with the price/performance ratio ($1600 pair). My dealer used to sell Monitor Audio, but the Dali's have taken center stage. He often sells them as fast as he can get them.

If you are looking at monitor audio gold, I would suggest listening to the Dali Ikon, Evidence and Suite (the 2.8s) speaker lines.

5. ScottBA

ScottBA Agent

As I posted on my other thread, I am getting ready to spend sum dollars on high-end speakers, either Energy 'Reference Conns' OR 'Dali Ikon'.

I recently demo'd several DTS DVD (including Pvt.Ryan) in a home theatre (of the guy who will be helping me out). Besides the shaking and thumping from the buttkicker 2's, the DTS tracks was simply amazing!

He runs the system off a Denon AVR-3806 and runs two Dali subs (not sure which size).

Just a tremendous demo day [​IMG]))

I really want to spend the money on the Dali, but may have to settle for the Energy (or something equally reviewed).

6. HoraceHungry

HoraceHungry Auditioning

If your preference is a somewhat bright, and revealing sound, then you can't do much better the Ikon 6, or 7 in that price bracket. If you prefer a more laid back sound, give the Evidence series a try. Dali is my prefered speaker brand for price/performance, I just wish that they would have made the Ikon series available in real wood finish

7. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Stunt Coordinator

Sorry, late to the party, but I am here nonetheless.

I have heard the Ikon 7s. They are an outstanding speakers. The ribbon tweeter is a very nice one and it goes well with the conventional tweeter also in the speaker. The bass was also excellent. It used a very attractive wood/pulp driver that provided a lot of texture to the bass notes.

They would make for an excellent speaker to build a HT around.

8. DaleAV

DaleAV Agent

If you are late to the party, I must be in line for the next one! [​IMG]

I built my system around Ikon 6s. Even my dealer suggested the 7s might be a bit too much for my intended room size, etc.
    Quite honestly, for all I've heard Helicons and lower, I would consider going with the new Mentor series if I was going to expand.
    You will get even closer to the Helicon sound in a nicer finished speaker system.