Ikea Poang Armchair Owners

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Cameron Yee, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I bought a chair from Target that resembles the Ikea Poang armchair. I like it, but the site showed it was "tan" and it's actually "natural" or almost white. I would like something darker, but the company that makes it only has black as an alternative. I figure the covers for the Ikea Poang are pretty close - the width is the same at least. Would someone who has the Poang mind taking measurements of the pad, in particular the length of the segments for the seat and back area? Thanks.

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Hey Cameron... You're in luck, my sister and I bought a Poang chair from Ikea back in October I think.The chair is a light maple kind of shade and the covers are also a light tan. I will go home tonight and try to remember to measure them for you, though you might be able to find the measurements from Ikea, no? Do they have an online catalogue?

Hmmm, this is the Poang chair on Ikea's website:

IKEA

We also have the accompaning Ottoman too, you need those pads?

Jay

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Thanks a bunch Jay. I knew HTF membership would pay off eventually [​IMG]

I checked the measurements last night and the only thing that matches for certain is the width.

Here's what Target.com is selling:
    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0002FCGK0

The photo is WAY off though. The wood is actually blonde or birch wood and the pad is not tan but natural. I don't mind so much as the wood is actually a better match for my room. I would have liked that tan though...