What's new

IKEA madness (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: I've heard about the silly lines for new Krispy Kremes that pop up. I like how they taste but I would NEVER stand in a line for more than 10 minutes for a donut, unless I had nothing better to do and my friends were doing it too :D

Ikea I'm guessing people have less of a choice because their better halves force them to go.
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Cees, just wanted to get it right. Glad to see that I've always pronounced it the Swedish way, more or less, as indeed do most people around here.

Francois, for some reason I'd never thought of using Sten and painting/staining it for use as an AV rack -- I have some in the storeroom. Looks pretty decent, and that stuff is really sturdy. Good tip for those on a budget.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

Eeek!

I had pneumonia a few years ago and I could barely tie my shoe, much less put together furniture.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Tips for Ikea Shopping
  • Never go to Ikea on the weekend
  • Never go to Ikea with your signifigant other
  • If you DO take your signifigant other, leave the credit cards at home. :D
  • Make sure you have your allen keys ready to go. Preferably in a power drill/screwdriver.
:D

Just kiddin' around. Sorta. I love Ikea myself. Our DVDs are all in BONDE bookshelves with glass doors on the front. :)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

In the UK at least, first thing on Saturday morning is one of the quietest times. Think about it - if you're going to make a trip to IKEA on a Saturday, chances are that you'll want to get other shopping out of the way first. So very few people turn up at the store until it's been open an hour or so. Maybe things are different elsewhere in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks