What's new

Ikaruga. I could use some help... (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know anyplace reputable left that I can order this from!!??

Buyrite games still has it for preorder but I have heard bad things. NCS, Tronix all have the preorders locked. I really want this one too but didn't take advantage of the pre-orders before.

Any ideas?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
The Rage are good - I haven't used them too much, but they've got a very high rep & are very friendly etc.

As are cartmart/VGD to be fair.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
The Rage are good - I haven't used them too much, but they've got a very high rep & are very friendly etc.
Thats good to hear. I usually do most of my importing through NCS but they stopped all preorders on the game.

I really wanted to get my hands on this one too so I'm glad I was able to get it in.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Interesting news:
(sorry if I am repeating old news)
Link Removed is Link Removed.
My bro will be getting the DC version, and while I did not jump on the preorder wagon soon enough, it will be interesting to see what the 'improvements' on the NGC might be.
Ikaruga on NGC would be necessity have to be a port, so the DC version would sport the best graphics... right?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Not necessarily. It's a port to a "superior" piece of hardware. All depends how much care & time it receives, combined with what "improvements" it receives.

Bangiaoh was similarly ported to the DC from the N64 - along the way it received some tweaks. There's a hardcore of fans that much prefer the N64 version.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Interesting.. I remember seeing the comparison screenshots of Bangai-O (I have the DC version myself). I hope that contigent of hardcore gamers are basing that on gameplay tweaks, because the graphics on Bangai-O for DC were just amazing by comparison.

I don't mean to stray off topic too much (it deals with import games and availability)... I've pretty much given up on ordering DC's Ikaruga, but I just started playing Shenmue 2 (European) and am loving it... I wonder how many 'added bonuses' the Xbox version will have.

-j

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Was 100% gameplay tweaks + the difference in control systems, Joseph, not the graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks