What's new

Ikaruga DC impressions (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Just got this absolute gem of a game late yesterday afternoon. I am totally amazed by the graphics on this puppy. Its a real shame this system is no longer having new games constantly rolling out for it. I can only imagine what they would be pulling off on it, had it still been around. Interesting gameplay twist changing your ships color to the color of the enemy bullets and they wont hurt you. In fact, you use them to power up your ship for a special attack. Make no mistake though.. this game is very tough. Its not the kind of game to make you want to throw the controller, you just want to play "one mor time" to see how much further you can get. there is also some good replay value in trying to get higher combos (hitting the same style of enemies in sucessionz). looking forward to seeing what the rest of the game has in store. And, i just thought i would mention, i havent seen ANY slowdown, regradless of how much is on screen even in two player.
Get this game if you have the chance. any questions,feel free to ask.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Four word review: Bloody lovely, bloody hard :)
Just what I expected to be honest. If you're a fan of shooters, you'll love it. If you're not, or if you're a more "modern" gamer, it may not be your cup of tea.
I'm whipping out my arcade stick for it later I think.

Steve Bjorg

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I'll admit it: I can't read Japanese. Does anyone know where I could find an English manual for Ikaruga or a semblant of a translation.

Steve Bjorg

Stunt Coordinator
Great. That's exactly what I was looking for. Now I can finally put down my 'Teach yourself Japanese for Import games in 24 hours' book and have some more quality time with Ikaruga.

Thanks.

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
mine came in the other day. not having a car and purolator delivering it way the hell away from me i didn't get to play it until last night. anyway, to quote the great sir keanu reeves:

whoa.

this game is too effin' sweet. i played until my eyes bled last night.

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, being a huge fan of old school shoot'em ups, this game looks amazing. Although I don't own a Dreamcast so I'll have to wait for the Gamecube version to be released. But for all you Dreamcast fans, click to read Penny Arcade's latest strip about Ikaruga on Dreamcast. :D

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
I would have thought for sure that romier would have given some impressions on this game by now. Hmmm... romier, where are you?:D ;)

Oscar_R

Second Unit
so this is definetly worth the $60 bucks then ?
Joseph was talkign it up last night, and i came this close to ordering it from Link Sang...

Paul__A

Grip
My copy came in today, I absolutely love it.

btw, am I the only one getting a little dizzy while playing? my friend thinks i'm nuts, but i think its from the twisting in the backgrounds...

Yoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
The game is really really tough to the point of impossible... But, if you're patient enough to put 7~8 hours into the game, (yes, it counts hours of play and slowly compensate for your efforts), you'll get unlimited continues. To me, that's only way to beat the game, since there are so many impossible situations in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks