What's new

Ignoramus questions about the barebones plotting of FR (1 Viewer)

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I hate to ask. I usually try to gather what bits I understand into a cohesive whole. But some times the ‘bits’ are so scattered I feel I need to.

I want to plot my FR for the sub in room. I note the cheap/bare minimum method. I found this informative BFD SETUP for my starting point.

Downloaded MP3 sine waves (the 1/6 octave chart) from the link at snapbug.
Question: MP3 is compressed format, does this still equate to a recording of ‘pure sine tones” since I seem to read vague hints about danger when playing sine tones for any extended length through the speakers which can damage them? Since I never download audio, Is a basic click and burn adequate? Or do levels? in my PC need to be adjusted for the download?

What would be the safety rule of thumb while playing sine tones?

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Since you only plotting FR not maximum output,there is no danger to use sine waves.Keep it in the 80's[db],and you'll be fine,so is your speakers,sub.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
You are downloading digital files, so the levels are built into the files already.

If your player can play MP3 files directly, it might be as simple as click and burn. But you could also convert them to wav files (native CD format) and burn those too. Then any player could read them.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
If your player can play MP3 files directly It can.
Easily I have what I need for a rough basic chart as soon as I can get my ‘lent out’ SPL returned. Hopefully this weekend.
Should have done it sooner as it was minimal to gather the tools. Thought more would be required.
Thanks much for the replys! Lewis & Kevin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks