What's new

Ignite Blu-ray Release on July 25th: The Story of G.I. Joe (1945) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wow! An immediate preorder for me.

Street Date: 7/25/24
All pre-orders will be shipped as soon as they are in stock. Sometimes this is 1-2 weeks early, sometimes this might be a few days after the street date.

If Invaders from Mars items are ordered at the same time, all items will ship together. If you want your in-stock items shipped immediately, please place pre-orders separately.

All dates, artwork and features are subject to change.

Pre-orders will be charged when you place the order.

No cancellations on pre-orders.
Slipcover for Blu-ray version available exclusively here!

Limited edition numbered cover art poster for the first 250 orders. 16"x20".
“The Story of G.I. Joe is a masterwork whose sum is far greater than its modest parts.” – Library of Congress

Embark on an unforgettable journey through the harrowing yet heartwarming landscapes of WWII with The Story of G.I. Joe. Directed by William A. Wellman and based on the true-life experiences of renowned war correspondent and columnist Ernie Pyle, this cinematic masterpiece immerses you in the camaraderie, courage, and sacrifices of the brave soldiers of the Company C, 18th Infantry.

Through the lens of Pulitzer-winning Pyle, portrayed with unparalleled depth by Burgess Meredith, witness the everyday grit and bravery of the foot soldier as they navigate the perils of combat in the Italian campaign. Joining him is the incomparable Robert Mitchum in his breakthrough role as Lieutenant Walker, whose leadership and unwavering dedication to his men inspire hope amidst the chaos of war.

The Story of G.I. Joe authentically portrays the camaraderie and bond between soldiers, a timeless tribute to unsung heroes who fought and bled for freedom. Experience the raw emotion and gritty realism of this war drama, beautifully restored in high definition. It's more than a movie; it's a testament to the triumph of the human spirit.
New York Times "ten best" List of 1945!

Four Academy Award Nominations!
Bonus Features
Blu-ray release only. Bonus Features are not included with the DVD.

• "Here he lies where he longed to be..." Wild Bill's Dog Face Blues – A new video essay by author and filmmaker Scout Tafoya
  • New interview with Bill Wellman Jr.
  • "The Story of the Story of G.I. Joe", a new featurette on the restoration by film restoration supervisor Greg Kimble
  • Audio commentary by Alan K. Rode
  • Original nitrate trailer
  • Re-construction of the original 1945 trailer
  • Photo gallery with original press book pages and stills
StudioIgnite Films
Run Time:109 minutes
Director:William A. Wellman
Certificate:Approved
Cast:
Robert MitchumLt. Walker
Burgess MeredithErnie Pyle
Freddie SteeleSergeant Warnicki
Wally CassellPrivate Dondaro
Jimmy LloydPrivate Spencer
John R. ReillyPrivate Murphy
Bill MurphyPrivate Mew
The Sicily and Italy Combat Veterans of the Campaigns in Africa
Languages:English (original version)
Closed Captions:English SDH
Theatrical Release Year:1945
Number of Discs:1

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I got it in my inbox today and ordered it immediately. One of my favorite films, and something I've been waiting for a long, long time. The other day I was re-reading Agee On Film and this was one of the few releases from 1945 he was totally enthusiastic about. I wondered when it was going to show up on Blu. And here it is. This was Robert Mitchum's only Oscar nomination, I believe.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I got it in my inbox today and ordered it immediately. One of my favorite films, and something I've been waiting for a long, long time. The other day I was re-reading Agee On Film and this was one of the few releases from 1945 he was totally enthusiastic about. I wondered when it was going to show up on Blu. And here it is. This was Robert Mitchum's only Oscar nomination, I believe.
Mitchum's only brush with Oscar.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
What a great movie. I just watched this Ignite & Corinth restoration on Prime. I assume the Blu-ray will be slightly better!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Where can I order this from? Amazon?

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Visible-Effect69192
Recent bookmarks