What's new

IGN reviews Daredevil Director's Cut (1 Viewer)

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Why is it pathetic? The original cut didn't exactly live up to its potential.

And never mind. I just read your post again. You're saying they're pathetic for not releasing the movie like the director wanted it. Right?

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I liked the original but have held off on the purchase because I knew the Directors Cut was coming. I will be picking this one up.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I was dissapointed by the first version which I bought blind (heh) on DVD, and this review makes it sounds like they cut down on everything that bothered me. Excellent. I'll pick it up.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
One of the big pluses for me was Jennifer Garner as Elektra, reducing her role to a cameo in the directors cut isn't going to make me jump up and down with anticipation, I'm not a big fan of Afflecks or Colin 'fookin' Farrell, so the decision to have less Elektra and more Murdock with his dad isn't a huge draw for me.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

They basically only cut the love scene - instead of ignoring the cries for help Matt now leaves her on the roof.

There was a very detailed list of changes on the SuperHeroHype messageboards and that was the only change that involved Jennifer Garner - maybe two minutes.

Since the Elektra/Bullseye fight will be extended there will be about the same amount of Jennifer Garner in the DC.

It's only that there are 40 new minutes without her and that will make her role *seem* smaller.

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
Well, anything with "seemingly" less Jennifer Garner is better than something with Jennifer Garner.

Too bad they didn't digitally swab her out of the whole thing.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Maybe I missed it but why is the new one going to have an "R" rating? Language,more graphic violence?

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I'm looking forward to it. I was in the minority in that I enjoyed Daredevil.

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe

Huh?

My problem with the Elektra character is not the concept itself, rather Garner's "performance," which wouldn't have cut it on "Days of Our Lives."

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Watching the original (which I won at a local HTF meet, so I'm not out any cash
biggrin.gif
) I also felt it was missing a lot of story. Will gladly purchase this version.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I was on the fence about this one until I read the IGN review. Now, I'll most definitely be picking it up. Extended fight scenes, more violence and less love story all sound good to me.
thumbsup.gif

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator
We now have our full review of the November 30th release of Daredevil Director's Cut here.

We have also taken the trouble to compare it alongside the 2003's 2-disc theatrical release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks