What's new

IGN PS2 NCAA football 2003 review? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Would anybody that has an IGN premium subscription be kind enough to post the score that IGN gave NCAA Football 2003 for the PS2?

Thanks

Damien

Supporting Actor
this is covered on page 2. it got an 8.9 for all 3 consoles and go to operation sportsfor more info. i think it is horrible, it doesn't tell anything we didn't know and is multiplatform.operationsports.com

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
How did it get an 8.9 on all 3 consoles? Are the reviews specific for each console?

This is confusing...

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Here's the review for last year's NCAA Football 2002 on the PS2:
Link Removed
Last year's version received a 9.0/10 on IGN, so why this year's is less, even if its by .1, is befuddling, even if you consider that the bar is being raised as time goes on. The improvements and additions they've made to this year's version alone should give it at least over a 9--and there's nothing that seems to be better on 2002 compared to 2003.
The score of 7 for the sound category is questionable--they mention in the actual review how good the Dolby Digital is on the XBox version, and they seem to like the ProLogic in the other versions, too.
I would probably think that 2003 (at least the XBox version, which they had nothing but praise for), should warrant at least a 9.3 or 9.4 from them.
Oh well--reviews on this one don't matter much. I'm still salivating over it, and it will probably be my most-played game for the rest of this year as soon as I put it in the XBox, much like what happened with 2002 and my PS2 last year. . .

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Tough choice for me.

Better graphics/Dolby Digital of the Xbox or using real player names on the PS2.

Hurry up and work on the Xbox Gameshark!

Doug

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Last year's version received a 9.0/10 on IGN, so why this year's is less, even if its by .1, is befuddling, even if you consider that the bar is being raised as time goes on.
It's not as simple as you make it out to be - if the first Madden game ever received 9.0, then each year's improvements would have to nudge it closer to the perfect score by your system. That's obviously not going to happen.

Damien

Supporting Actor

nah, you can mail an x-box memory card to ncaarosters.com and they'll get it back to asap

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks