1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

IGN Cube previews US GC game box artwork

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Brecher, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

A few select pics (high res available) of the US box artwork for some GC titles can be found here .
    I am still guessing these are coming in standard DVD cases (and not mini DVD cases which I personally think would be much more fitting)...
    I find the artwork a little bland to be honest. Of all of them, Smash Brothers would seem to indicate that it's perhaps only temporary artwork.
    Dan (UK)

2. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Dan,
    I believe they announced regular-sized DVD cases for Japan. I would guess they will use that packaging worldwide, but you never know. They wanted to go with the full size case so they could include a larger instruction book. One difference with the Gamecube cases, however, is that they include a space to hold a memory card above the disc on that side of the case.
    Luigi's Mansion case, disc, & book Picture 1
    Luigi's Mansion case, disc, & book Picture 2
    -Dan
    [Edited last by Dan B on September 09, 2001 at 02:10 PM]

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think using full sized DVD cases is a good thing. They can fit multi-disc games in them very easily, plus there will be room for a memory card. It also will make the cases blend in with the XB and PS2 game cases on my shelf.

4. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    For Luigi's Mansion, I would have liked to see Luigi in some sort of 'Ghostbusting' postion with him standing in front of the mansion, and the ghosts chasing him or Luigi chasing them.
    ------------------

5. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Oh I didn't think of the prospect of multi-disc titles, Morgan. Interesting point. I think I am just making excuses because I am running out of space for these type of things. [​IMG]
    Dan (UK)

6. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

I'm glad they are using full sized DVD cases. Mainly for the reason that they can include larger instruction manuals. Also, I doubt the reason had anything to do with being able to fit a memory card in the case also.
    The PS2 cases have a memory card slot, and it uses regular sized DVD/CD's
    Andrew
    ------------------
    ICQ# - 119869807

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Actually, Zone of the Enders came with 2 DVDs in one regular DVD case. Make one of these cases for the GCN, and you could fit at least 6 discs easily into one case with space for a memory card. Thats pretty good.

8. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

This is interesting, the Japanese GC games DO in fact come in half-sized DVD cases.
    Dan (UK)

9. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

As it turns out, they are using different cases in Japan, but they will be using full-sized DVD cases in the US...or that's what I last heard anyway.
    -Dan

10. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I saw somewhere that the covers are also semi-transparent, if not totally transparent. I think its neat that they have their own disc size and now cover size.