What's new

Iggy and the Stooges: Live in Detroit, due on DVD March 23rd. Anyone know any tracks? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I didn't even know they'd got back together but I'd love to see them perform tracks from their 1st 3 albums, especially Loose, 1969, Fun House, No Fun, I Wanna Be Your Dog & most of all, Search & Destroy.

Can't wait :D

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I never heard that this is coming! It would be cool if it had a 70's concert as well.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
When I first saw it, I was hoping it was an old concert then I read it was 2003. :frowning:

Not that I could have got to America but I might have tried to convince the wife to take our vacation in Detroit. :D

This is what I've found out so far:-

Features include Additional Footage - NYC instore performance.

So it looks like I won't be getting my fave track afterall if it's just the first 2 albums but I'll settle for that any day. :p)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Saw Iggy at the Channel in Boston about 15 years ago, the show that is available as a live album. The single greatest 90 minutes of music and showmanship I have ever seen. I get chills when I think of the steam rising from Iggy's bare back and him swinging by his legs from a pipe in the ceiling singing "I wish life could be Swedish magazines". Forget about it! I'll be buying this one.

Oh yeah, after the 90 minute Iggy workout (only 90 minutes and not one person felt cheated, he left it all on the stage and any more would have killed him), Iggy was waiting at the front door to greet people as they came out and thank them for coming. No Iggy, thank you.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
When I saw him in Boston, he gave the crowd a choice of encores, "Cock in My Pocket" or "Now I Wanna Be your Dog". Of course he played both anyway.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I just found out that Iggy & The Stooges are playing the Download Festival in the UK in June, Glasgow & Donnington.

Trouble is I don't wanna see any of the rest of the line up except maybe Korn, I better check they're on the same day.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I just rented it this from netflix and I was blown away. The dts sountrack is excellent.

I think I'll purchase this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks