Iggy and the Stooges: Live in Detroit, due on DVD March 23rd. Anyone know any tracks?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Johnny G, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

I didn't even know they'd got back together but I'd love to see them perform tracks from their 1st 3 albums, especially Loose, 1969, Fun House, No Fun, I Wanna Be Your Dog & most of all, Search & Destroy.

Can't wait [​IMG]

2. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I never heard that this is coming! It would be cool if it had a 70's concert as well.

3. Johnny G

When I first saw it, I was hoping it was an old concert then I read it was 2003. [​IMG]

Not that I could have got to America but I might have tried to convince the wife to take our vacation in Detroit. [​IMG]

This is what I've found out so far:-

Features include Additional Footage - NYC instore performance.

So it looks like I won't be getting my fave track afterall if it's just the first 2 albums but I'll settle for that any day. :p)

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Saw Iggy at the Channel in Boston about 15 years ago, the show that is available as a live album. The single greatest 90 minutes of music and showmanship I have ever seen. I get chills when I think of the steam rising from Iggy's bare back and him swinging by his legs from a pipe in the ceiling singing "I wish life could be Swedish magazines". Forget about it! I'll be buying this one.

Oh yeah, after the 90 minute Iggy workout (only 90 minutes and not one person felt cheated, he left it all on the stage and any more would have killed him), Iggy was waiting at the front door to greet people as they came out and thank them for coming. No Iggy, thank you.

5. Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall Second Unit

I hope they include the song that he co-wrote with his mom called "Cock In My Pocket" from Metallic K.O.

6. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

When I saw him in Boston, he gave the crowd a choice of encores, "Cock in My Pocket" or "Now I Wanna Be your Dog". Of course he played both anyway.

7. Johnny G

I just found out that Iggy & The Stooges are playing the Download Festival in the UK in June, Glasgow & Donnington.

Trouble is I don't wanna see any of the rest of the line up except maybe Korn, I better check they're on the same day.

8. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

I just rented it this from netflix and I was blown away. The dts sountrack is excellent.

I think I'll purchase this one!