IFC's "Dinner for Five" on DVD 12/16 at Netflix...?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Scott Weinberg, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I asked a friend of mine if he knew anything about if and when the fantastic IFC series Dinner for Five would hit DVD. He said he'd heard nothing concrete but wouldn't be surprised if it came out 1Q 2004...and that Netflix might have it early.

I found this kind of odd, so I went over to Netflix and there it was! When I 'saved' it to my queue, I was informed that the rental would be available on Dec. 16th.

Could be a glitch; could be the real deal. Either way I'm curious.

Has anyone else heard anything on this release? (Yes, I'm about to forward this info to Dave and Gord and www.TVShowsOnDVD.com , as they're the resident experts in this department.) [​IMG]

Oh, and if you're a movie fan and you don't watch Dinner for Five, you're missing out on a really good time. [​IMG]

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

NetFlix has an exclusive distribution deal for Dinner For Five thanks to Jon Favreau.

DVDs will be available through NetFlix starting December 2nd, 2003.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

All of this was written up in the latest issue of Video Business Magazine...and more! I was saving the news since Tuesday (when I got that issue) to post today. After all, I needed SOME news to post during the holiday weekend. :wink:

I'll have it up within the hour...look for it. I'll give Scott a mention, though, since he went out of his way to send us a note. Thanks!

4. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

So if you want to own these you are SOL? Or is Netflix selling them in addition to renting them?