What's new

IFC now 24/7 on Dish (1 Viewer)

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I was channel surfing last night and was surprised to see some IFC programming on channel 131. Channel 131 has long been divided between Independent Film Channel and Romance Classics (or Women's Entertainment), with IFC available only from 6PM Th - 6PM Su, EST. I looked at the onscreen program guide, and IFC is now available 24/7 on channel 131, and WE has moved to channel 128. I requested IFC be available 24/7 a few months ago, but was told that it was a "business decision" to only offer it on weekends. I guess they've made a new business decision. I'm not sure when this happened, but I believe it's extremely recent.

Along with Sundance Channel, IFC is about the only place that focuses on independent films. Not to mention OAR presentation (which is also true of Sundance and TCM). I guess Dish has received enough requests for IFC to convince them that it's worth offering it 24/7. Since I previously requested it, I think it's time to send them a thank you note.

Just thought I'd let everybody here know, since independent films and OAR presentation are both important to many people here. Now, if only IFC would drop their 24/7 channel bug!

Steve K.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
My wife was so excited yesterday to find out that her Romance Classics is no longer encroached upon. She never complained to anyone (other than me)but that is also a possibility as to why the IFC was given its own channel.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
David- I agree, the complaints from Romance Classics fans could have as much to do with it as the complaints from IFC fans. Either way, everybody wins, and both channels are now available 24/7 as they should have been from day one. Regardless of why it happened, I'm just glad that it did.

Steve K.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Good news! IFC has some great movies (Clerks, Do the Right Thing), glad to see it'll be on 24/7.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks