IFC Free DVD - Greg the bunny, Hopeless Pictures, The Festival

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John*D, Aug 10, 2005.

1. John*D

John*D Second Unit

IFC is giving away a FREE DVD that includes the pilot episodes of three of its new tv series that are premiering on August 19th.

TV Shows:

Hopeless Pictures
    Greg the Bunny
    The Festival

http://www3.ifctv.com/dvdgiveaway/index.htm

2. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

Wow, I knew Greg the Bunny the series was made possible by the popularity of the shorts that once aired on IFC, but I didn't know it was coming back to IFC. Is this going to resemble the Fox series at all? I would have to think that securing Levy, Green, and Gunton would be unlikely, especially for a cable channel not known for its original series.

3. ravma

ravma Stunt Coordinator

According to the IFC Website, Seth Green, Dan Milano, Spencer Chinoy and Sean Baker are all back! They are listed under Cast and Crew.

4. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

WOW Greg the bunny is back! HORRAY! I heard that it might come back when the dvd came out. It just stinks that I don't have the IFC network.[​IMG] [​IMG] I hope they come out with these new episodes on dvd or I'll never see them.

I guess the dvd set that is out really isn't the complete series is it?[​IMG]

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    ifctv.com must be getting smoked it keeps timing out for me.

6. Antonio_G

Antonio_G Stunt Coordinator

I'm glad Greg the Bunny is back on with new epsiodes but it looks so different than when it was on FOX but it's all cool. I just glad that it just back on and on a different network besides FOX...

7. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Nope. As a big fan of the Fox show, I was disappointed by the Greg the Bunny new "special" episode run on IFC recently ("Hittin' the Asphalt") that took Greg and Warren to Vegas. Sounds good on paper, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Didn't find it very funny at all. You will also have to be prepared for the fact that it's far more racy than the Fox version. In fact, it's pretty vulgar (unnecessarily so, IMO).

Also, they don't use any of the new, better-looking Fox puppets (perhaps Fox has copyright on them?), so you've got the "old" Greg (not necessarily a bad thing) and the ultra-crappy looking Count Blah.

I anxiously awaited this thing the whole summer. After watching it once, I could care less about a new series. Much preferred the Fox sitcom format, but that's just me.

Oh, and Drew Massey is no longer doing Blah's voice (same guy who did it originally, either Dan or Spencer, is).

And, of course, there's no Tardy Turtle!

8. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

Oh that stinks[​IMG]

Well according to the dvd. Tardy Turtle and Susan were both stolen when they got canceled.[​IMG]

9. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

Those DVDs must have went pretty fast 'cause the free DVD offer is over.

10. John*D

John*D Second Unit

Received the DVD in the mail today. It came in a clamshell with a promo ad for the shows.

Picture:

[​IMG]

11. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

I'm glad you posted because I had completely forgotten I'd signed up for the dvd. I guess mine should arrive sometime this week.

12. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I got mine today...
    First thing I need to do is make a keep case up for it... because I hate this case they sent it in... but not complaining... after it is a free DVD! [​IMG]