What's new

If you won the Powerball.... (1 Viewer)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I don't know if I could actually buy a series from a studio --I'm not sure how that would work, really (plus, would I really want to pay to store original film/video elements myself, in perpetuity?)-- but what I would do, if I suddenly had a billion dollars to play with (after arranging for some sound investments) is to look into partnering with a studio and personally funding restoration that they can't (or won't) fund themselves, then licensing the digital transfers for DVD/Blu release under my own boutique label, if that would work.

My first project would be restoring all 26 episodes of T.H.E. Cat (1966-67) to their original full-color glory (in HD), and seeing to it that all the music is cleared (not a huge problem, but there's a little bit of performed pop music in a few episodes).

Next would be the forgotten anthology series, Panic! (1957-58), followed by the filmed episodes of Suspicion (1957). I'd also try to free up the full run of Roald Dahl's Way Out (1961) and (if possible) Great Ghost Tales (1961). The abandoned second half of I'm Dickens, He's Fenster (1962-63) would also get attention, as would James Coburn's series, Klondike (1960-61) and the half-season series it morphed into, Alcapulco (1961)... I'd also try to work on Fox's The Man Who Never Was (1966-67) and Bus Stop (1961-62), too.

If these short-form series restorations were successful, and didn't eat into too much of the money pile (especially the legal fees), I'd get more ambitious and try to restore and get transfers made of the three-season run of M Squad (1957-60) all of the original version of Dragnet (1951-59) and "definitive editions" of the second and third seasons of One Step Beyond. All five seasons of The Lineup (1954-60) would also be on the agenda.

Again, if these efforts were successful and didn't simply burn through all the money, perhaps I could eventually pry loose The Westerner (1960), Blue Light (1966), seasons 4 & 5 of Zane Grey Theater, The Rogues (1964-65) and Terriers (2010) from Fox, Coronet Blue (1965/67) from CBS/Paramount and Wichita Town (1959-60) from its owners.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
little off topic, because its not TV, but i had spoke to the wife, and she agreed, fully fund the complete 2k restorations of the Hal Roach Laurel & Hardy films, and The Little Rascals to include the silents for both

Then release a comprehensive Blu ray of both sets, Think Criterion Zatoichi and you get the idea, damn shame i only hit two numbers

And Alfred Hitchcock Present/Hour would have gotten a release to match Twilight Zone

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
I'd love to see Richard Diamond get released.

Naked City, Route 66 and The Fugitive should all get a blu-ray release like Dick Van Dyke and Twilight Zone.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Only thing that springs to mind for me is I'd attempt to licence Cliff Hangers! from Universal, but since I don't play the lottery, it's likely not to happen!

I'd even consider offering a substantial cash reward for the stolen print of Doctor Who: Web of Fear episode 3.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Walter I would appreciate that one :)

Walter Kittel said:
Repeating myself here (which I'm prone to doing on the HTF :) )...

Fund a complete, 100 percent HD recreation of all of the FX sequences on Babylon 5 formatted for 16x9. Release a comprehensive set on Blu-Ray.

Oh yeah, and get Bethesda busy on the next Elder Scrolls game.

- Walter.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Of course I could think of lots of ideas but I'll stick here to Blu-ray dream.

Complete new HD (or UHD) Transfers and Blu releases for:

The Brady Bunch
The Partridge Family
Three 's Company
Six Million Dollar Man
Star Trek DS9
Star Trek Voyager
The Outer Limits
Mr. Terrific
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (with option for new special effects)
Battlestar Galactica 1978, new special effects.
(Also fund that long-rumored feature film based on BG-TOS 1978)

New digitally colorized versions of:

The Three Stooges (selected episodes)
The Twilight Zone (selected episodes)
Lost In Space. Season 1
I Dream Of Jeannie, Season1 (redux)
Jeannie (Animated Series)
Looney Tunes, The Banned Shorts

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Definitely the Beverly Hillbillies, Green Hornet, The Space Giants, Spectreman, Prince Planet, Johnny Cipher in Dimension zero, It's about Time, probably the Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

Kirben

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
I would open a company that specializes in releasing cartoon series on Blu-Ray and DVD, as there are far too many cartoon series that have still never been released in English on DVD anywhere worldwide. Releasing cartoon series in season sets or complete sets only, rather than single volumes.

There are classic children's series like Babar and Rupert, which can be enjoyed by whole family, that still lack decent DVD releases (seasons sets).

There are interesting series like Flash Gordon (1996) Phantom 2040 which were inspired by the comics, which still lack complete DVD releases. Phantom 2040 season 1 was released on DVD in Australia, but they were unable to get uncut master for season 2 from their licensor.

Even more recent series like The Garfield Show and Peanuts (2014) fail to get any decent DVD releases. The Garfield Show was only released with around 6-7 episodes per volume in the USA , compared to 10-11 episodes per volume plus extras in France. There is still no sign of an English release of the Peanuts (2014) TV series, despite it been the perfect time for a DVD release, with the movie been released on Blu-ray & DVD this year.

If I had to pick a single series, it would be the Twins of Destiny, another excellent cartoon series from France/Japan, which was briefly shown in Australia in the past. I'm not sure if the series was ever shown in the USA.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Hot Wheels & Skyhawks hands down.

I'd also get these "Saturday Morning" shows released:

Barrier Reef

Run Joe Run

Westwind

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Seasons 2 and 3 of Baretta, with new commentaries on each episode from Robert Blake in full ramble mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks