What's new

If you won the Powerball.... (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Obviously you could probably buy several series, so what holy grail would you go for if the studio would sell?

Everyone knows I'd go for The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction. Completely new HD transfers of Star Trek quality with blu-ray releases of both. Interviews with remaining cast members, cast commercials in sparkling HD, and a blu release of both show's reunion movies.

I think I'd also spring for new HD unedited transfers of The Real McCoys. I'm not as crazy about it, but I still like it.

So what would you do?

upperco

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jackson Upperco
HE & SHE (first and foremost)

PHYLLIS

RHODA

THE TONY RANDALL SHOW

THE NEW DICK VAN DYKE SHOW

BURNS & ALLEN

THE GOVERNOR & J.J.

PEYTON PLACE

THE DEFENDERS

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Ron1973 said:
Obviously you could probably buy several series, so what holy grail would you go for if the studio would sell?

Everyone knows I'd go for The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction. Completely new HD transfers of Star Trek quality with blu-ray releases of both. Interviews with remaining cast members, cast commercials in sparkling HD, and a blu release of both show's reunion movies.

I think I'd also spring for new HD unedited transfers of The Real McCoys. I'm not as crazy about it, but I still like it.

So what would you do?

I don't know if the studio would sell you these series, but if they did, that would be one way you could guarantee they get released. :)

How much could Beverly Hillbillies legitimately be worth as an asset to the studio? $10,000,00.00? $50,000,000.00?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Actually the first thing I'd do is put up the money to let the NFL stop their stupidity and give the owner of the only tape of the Super Bowl I telecast a fair deal so the public could finally see it.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
Jack P said:
Actually the first thing I'd do is put up the money to let the NFL stop their stupidity and give the owner of the only tape of the Super Bowl I telecast a fair deal so the public could finally see it.

The NFL network is gonna air it this Friday

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I think I'd offer to fund a new Maverick series for Netflix, starring Nathan Fillion. I think he could totally carry off the Garner like Maverick charm. Actually, my wife first made that suggestion.

Nathan Fillion as Bret Maverick.

With 1.5 billion dollars, I could most likely fund that!

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
License Run For Your Life and produce a beautiful box set of all 85eps, buy the remainder of everything else vintage out there I don't already have and then retire and enjoy the whole lot of it!

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Full uncut Complete Series of

It's a Living

Alice

One Day at a Time

The Donna Reed Show

Phyllis

Rhoda

Murphy Brown

My Three Sons

all of the above with no music replacements either

I'd also fund the restoration of The Farmer's Daughter

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Vahan_Nisanain said:
The NFL network is gonna air it this Friday

No they're not. Don't be fooled by their false advertising, what they're airing is nothing more than NFL Films material of every play of the game synched to the radio broadcast. They purposefully blew off the owner of the tape of the CBS telecast by lowballing him, and then threatening to sue him if he tried to market the tape himself through any other party. This after they spent years saying such a telecast would be worth a million and then when he presented a found version, they offered him something like $10,000.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I would license the following tv shows and release them all, complete and uncut (no edited or time-sped syndication versions), as complete series on pressed discs and glitch free:

1. The entire Walt Disney anthology series from 1954 to the present

2. The Defenders (1961-1965)

3. The Avengers (1961-1969)

4. Alfred Hitchcock Presents

5. The Alfred Hitchcock Hour

..and, of course, offer free copies to my fellow HTF'ers! :)

Darby

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Repeating myself here (which I'm prone to doing on the HTF :) )...

Fund a complete, 100 percent HD recreation of all of the FX sequences on Babylon 5 formatted for 16x9. Release a comprehensive set on Blu-Ray.

Oh yeah, and get Bethesda busy on the next Elder Scrolls game.

- Walter.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jack P said:
No they're not. Don't be fooled by their false advertising, what they're airing is nothing more than NFL Films material of every play of the game synched to the radio broadcast. They purposefully blew off the owner of the tape of the CBS telecast by lowballing him, and then threatening to sue him if he tried to market the tape himself through any other party. This after they spent years saying such a telecast would be worth a million and then when he presented a found version, they offered him something like $10,000.

Yeah. I was reading about this tonight. Quite a disappointment.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Love Boat.

Then i'd release a complete WKRP in Cincinnati with the music restored,

without going through the licensing process and just pick up the tab from the lawsuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks