What's new

If you were only allowed *one* wish...what would it be? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm sure we've all thought about this.

would you be altruistic or selfish? would you use your power for good or evil?

let's assume there is no worry of monkey's paw/twilight zone type syndrome. you know...you wish for a million dollars but only get it because your whole family dies and you get the inheritence type of thing.

i don't think i'd want to live forever...i think i'd go crazy. world peace is so cliche, but that would be the ultimate philanthropic act.

unfortunately, i think i'm too selfish. i think mine would be the ability to time-travel.

:)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
That I always have a million dollars in my pocket

That way I can give away the money, AND spend with wild abandon!

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Wish for as many wishes as I want, but if that was not allowed.

I'd wish to be a really powerful telekinetic. First thing I would do is go to vegas and hit the crap tables and make my millions. :D

Then I'd become a really famous magician or something along those lines.

I would want to be powerful enough to be able to move myself around to simulate flying.

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
I wish for the answer to this question: Why are we all here?
Bah, don't waste your wish like that! What if the answer is lame? Like 42 (in reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy)?

I'd wish for endless supply of elixir that can cure any disease and wounds. And only I can administer the dosage. :)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
42 (in reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy)?
And in another book in the trilogy, the almighty one who created us all left us the final message of "Sorry for the inconvenience." That would be worst then finding out the answer is 42.

I would wish to have the ability to turn into anything I want whenever I wanted to. So I could fly, become invisible, explore anything I wanted to, have the ability to become wealthy, and do just about anything that tickled my fancy... And if I ever got tired of doing stuff, I could help out humanity with a power like that too. So it's not all selfish ;)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just wish to be happy...

Of course, being happy means different things at different times to different people, but if I had to ask for one wish, was to be eternally happy.

Jay :D

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'd want my Mom back. She passed away when I was 10, and I never really got to know her well. Not like you know someone when you're an adult anyway.

It's selfish, but hey, that's what I want.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I'd wish that all wishing be removed from the Universe. If I can get a magic wish, so can someone else. Living your life in one person's dream world would probably be a nightmare for everyone else ;) I like to keep the playing field even and everyone left to their own resources.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I'd wish that I'd always be right, no matter what I say. :)

(not that this isn't the truth already mind you... although it depends on the x-girlfriend you ask).

Think of it this way. If you're always right, you could say "I can fly!", and by virtue of the fact that you're always right, you'd leap into the air and take flight.

I could announce that I have $1,000 in my pocket (even though I don't), and because I'm always right, it would have to appear there... otherwise I'd be wrong, which would invalidate the assumption that I'm always right.

It could have a downside. I could call someone a dickhead, and poof... his head would turn into a dick. But that's not necessarily a bad thing considering most people I call dickheads would probably benefit from the transition.

Basically, I'd become all powerful (not that I'm not already... again, refer to my previous comments re: x-girlfriends).

Muhahaha! Cower in my presence puny flesh-creatures!

(and you would... because I'm always right!)

:D

Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks