If you want a blueprint driver....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony_Gomez, Jan 29, 2003.

1. hope this isn't against any forum rules.
    (I am in no way affiliated with this company)

This is old news to some but may be new to many others.

BPD's have been really hard to come by with the mysterious close down of BPD. I local vegas company did pick up the rest of their drivers directly from Destijl and are selling them pretty cheap. So, if you are looking for them for a DIY project...

http://www.audioliquidators.com/sub.html

2. Brian Knauss

Brian Knauss Stunt Coordinator

Ooooo, nice. Now I have to decide between a 1202 and a Dayton Quatro... decisions decisions!

3. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

They even got the 1003 that was much-discussed on here. That's the 10-inch woofer that has 1000W RMS power handling. One might be nice for a linkwitz transform in a home theater subwoofer.

Man, I wish I were a person with money so I could just buy the drivers and use them in later projects.

Hurry, get your 1503s before they are all gone and you have to go for more expensive drivers (!)

Also, the 1001 is great for a ported design with a 250 or 300 watt plate amp. The 1201 might also be a good thing for that.

4. Todd Shore

Todd Shore Stunt Coordinator

Anthony, do you know these people?

I would like to pick up some of the 1201's, but am a little leary since they only registered the domain name on December 2, 2002.

5. Al Garay

Al Garay Stunt Coordinator

Wouldn't your Visa card offer some protection? They don't deliver, you don't pay.... A super deal is not always without risk.

How do the Blueprint drivers compare to Lambda's which are also available in closeout sale? Which would be comparable to the 1503 for a sealed enclosure? The Lambda SB 15" is $179.
    http://www.lambdacoustics.com/index.html

Thanks,

Al

6. Todd Shore

Todd Shore Stunt Coordinator

Payments are via PayPal, which is no protection at all.

It is still very tempting.

7. Brian Knauss

Brian Knauss Stunt Coordinator

No protection? How about negative protection? But as long as you're the buyer, you're generally fine. Most rules apply to the seller and therefore leave him/her to the most amount of BS to go through. After a couple of problems with paypal, I have stopped using them altogether, and I've basically stopped using ebay since the merge. I'll pay the little bit of extra money so I don't have to deal with voodoo rules that apply to some things in certain occasions and ususally work against you.

Anyway! That's my rant. I should get to bed.

8. I have no idea who audio liquidators is. I just know Scott from Destijl who makes the actual BDP's.