If you sell speakers (for a living) ,which brand do you own?

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
I am curious what speakers salesmen own out of the ones that you sell...assuming you get comporable "deals" on all brands......

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
usually, they don't "own" a pair. I have a friend that always switches them out and is always trying something new.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
The workers at Bestbuy said they'd get the JBL S38s or JBL S312s. The other brands they had for demo were Bose, Yamaha, Cerwin Vega, Sony, and KLH.

If I had to choose, I'd probably go for DIY audio.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I work summer at CC and am considering getting the Polk LSI line at 65% off list that's 400 for a pair of LSI 9's. I might try the new SOny Plasma's at cost prices.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I own Polk RT1000i's up front. Will soon be moving up to LSi series all around.

Adil,

I was not aware that CC was going to be carrying Polk's LSi series. And $400 is below even dealer cost. Are you sure that price is accurate? Just color me curious.

Regards,

Dan Hine

Adil M

Supporting Actor
CC doesn't carry them, but they are allowing employees to get them until the ned of May. They are ..one sec

Don't read if it's going to piss you off. They are low.
LSI 7 - 162 each
LSI 9 - 204 each
LSI15 - 347 each
LSI25 - 600 each
LSICC - 232 each
LSISS - 212 each

Polk RTi100 (replacement for 1000) is 210 each

John A. Casler

Second Unit
I have:
Legacy Signature III
Dahlquist DQ-10s
Various JBLs (studio monitors)
KEF 103s
VMPS RM40s
VMPS TowerIIs
Legacy Studio Center Channel
VMPS QSO 626
JAMO Surround 300 Dipoles
JAMO Surround 200s
Atlantic 270 system
Energy Take 5
EarthQuake SuperNova MKIV 15" SUB
VMPS LARGER SUB
HSU VTF2 SUB
Jamo 410PDD 5.1 system
And I sell all of them (as well as others) and actually all of them are for sale. I guess I should put some of them in the Hardware section my condo is not that big.
How's that??

John Casler

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I have:

Atlantic Technology 350THX
Atlantic Technology 450THX
Atlantic Technology 270THX Select
2 Earthquake MKIV 15" subwoofers
Sunfire True Sub subwoofer
Sonance Inwall speakers all around

David Judah

Screenwriter
We sell:

Martin Logan
Infinity
Definitive Technology
Boston Acoustics
Klipsch

I own:

Fronts-B&W CDM-9NT
Center-B&W CDM-CSE
Rears- B&W DM-602
Sub- "Temblor 2001"-DIY Tempest(295L tuned to 18.8 Hz)

DJ

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
I remember Charles Rodriguez(the cartoonist for Stereo Review) had a cartoon in which a salesman said "...in fact, I have a pair of these at home" to 3 or 4 different people while trying to sell 3 or 4 different loudspeakers. Then the next cartoon in that series showed the salesman at home watching TV and he did have 4 different speaker pairs at home but they were all boxed up and stored.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Triad, there's little else that compares to my ears. If I bring in Dynaudio I'll definitely set up a system or two with the Contour 1.3SE and Crafft speakers.

Marc H

Second Unit
My music system uses Energy Veritas V2.8
My home theatre is a mixture with Energy Veritas V1.8 for front main, Axiom VP150Se for centre, Mission M71 for front effects, Mission 770 Freedom for rear effects. I'll be adding a subwoofer or two this week (haven't decided on which ones yet) and another Axiom VP150Se for the centre rear speaker.
The musical instrument room uses Dynaco A25 for monitors for the multitrack.
The PC uses Kenny speakers with a Triad subwoofer.

I currently sell Axiom, Dahlquist, Energy, Paradigm and Totem loudspeakers.

kevin_tomb

Stunt Coordinator
I own older POLK AUDIO (RTA-11T) ....When POLKS were "still good", before they screwed up their line of affordable but good speakers. Now they are just another CC speaker vendor....

Wanted the B+W 801s but just couldnt afford them even at a discounted price. The older polks had the best combination of smoothness, imaging, clarity and fairly deep bass without a sub. I had almost bought some infinity speakers (some older KAPPA ones....very high and thin with see through drivers)they were great also, but were very inefficient.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I've also sold in the past. We carried the following lines: Polk, Paradigm, Klipsch, M&K, MB Quart, Carver AL-III, Dahlquist, Definitive Technology, and they dropped B&W just before I started (I sold the last pair).

FWIW, we sold more Paradigm than any other brand.

I own a pair of Magnepans.

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
We sell mainly monitor audio, theil, aerial, triad, snell, energy and used to sell m&k.

I own m&k 150's.

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
I am waiting for the CC of good guys salesman to come on here and say, "we sell..........."

but I own-BOSE

Dave Herkert

Agent
I sold audio in the past as well. My Choice?
Klipsch (Heritage series in particular) - and our store didn't even sell them! I spent too much time buying speakers at cost from work, and being dissatisfied. I still got a deal though, since mine are used - on average I paid 40% of new for my speakers.
I first heard Klipsch almost 20 years ago and my addiction for them hasn't waned. Same as it ever was

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbob7777