If you play Counter-Strike, give a [CoFR] Pub server a try!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Butch Smith, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Butch Smith

Butch Smith Stunt Coordinator

If you enjoy playing on fun, full servers with people who like to have a good time, try one of the [CoFR] pub servers. We are a large community (500+) of older, mature gamers. We are always adminning our servers, and kick/ban cheaters and kids who can't behave themselves.
    Also, check out our website and our BBS, and out IRC channel.
    BBS link
    http://pub19.ezboard.com/bcofrbbs
    CoFR website
    http://www.cofr.net/
    (website is partially under construction, with advanced features being tweaked.)
    Sincerely,
    [CoFR]Booyotch
    [​IMG]

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

I'll second that one. I used to play CS a lot (just getting back into it) and I had the chance to play a few of the old pick-up games on the CoFR servers, they're all decent folk, which is a rare commodity in gamers these days!

Worth checking out!

3. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I'll have to check this server out once DSL is hooked up here.

Now, I've heard Half-Life has problems with Windows XP? I have the original copy of the game... do they have a patch for XP? Counterstrike is still a free download as well, isnt it? Even though it's available in stores?

Brian

4. Butch Smith

Yeah, CS is still free, and there are fixes for the problems, live the voicecomms issue. For the voicecomm issue, change the CS shortcut to this:

C:SIERRAHalf-Lifehl.exe -console -game cstrike +voice_dsound 1

5. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Cool...i'll have to check it out. I have been trying to get back into Counter Strike. I stopped playing after I got fed up with admins who abuse their power. I told an admin off because of it and got banned for life from the one server that I played on so I've been looking for a new server.

6. Butch Smith

Heh, the only thing we bn for is Cheating, cursing/racial slurs, and teamkilling/teamwounding.

7. Van T Tran

Van T Tran Auditioning

I will definitely check the server out. I downloaded CC about a month ago and I am just addicted to it. Haven't even got the time to watch new DVD releases because of CC!