What's new

If you own or want to own a Philips DVD recorder, feel free to join,,, (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Hopefully I won't get my P P slapped for this but just wanted to mention that I created a Yahoo group devoted to Philips DVD recorders to share news or tips for this new, but fast growing technology.

HTF doesn't seem to have a section devoted to the DVD Recorder so I wanted to get a small corner of the world reserved to talk about this recorder.

I just got my DVDR75 a couple of weeks back and so far it has been a great new addition to my Home Theater.

If I'm in the wrong for posting this, feel free to close this thread down.

Regards
Alfer

Join my Philips group HERE

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Interesting, I got one of those for free not too long ago with my Philips VISA. I tried a couple of things on it and then lent it to a friend who has more time to go over stuff. I told him to keep it and go over it for a couple of weeks and then tell me what it will and won't do. It will for example only accept 480i over the component inputs. I did drive myself a little wacky trying to see if it could record HD TV. I have joined stuff like that before and ended up with lots of junk E-Mail, but would welcome any info you would want to share. Only got it since I got a Pronto from the same program almost 2 yrs. prior and there was nothing else that interested me in their current promo catalog.

I don't record much but figured I could always copy some tapes I made (e.g the inside of the walls of my house when it was going up) and since the unit has a built in analog TV tuner, I just removed the VCR I bought just for that purpose the few times a year I may watch analog TV.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'm a member of both sites you've mentioned, but DVDRhelp.com only deals with -R recorders, and DVDPlus seems to cater to overseas models and it has very few discussions about the new US models it seems..plus there's a couple of people who badger people who post questions they don't like, and not much gets done around there.

Honestly if my little "group" gathers a nice following, it would be nice, but as you know in this fast paced internet world, people will migrate all over to give/get info, so my feelings won't be hurt if the group doesn't take off.

Thanks
Alfer

Robert Baughey

Auditioning
I'd like some help in the forum titled Audio/Video Sources, titled "Philips DVDR75 Recorder Problems: Please help"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks