What's new

If you love something... (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Not offended, Allan--you're a bit new here. My sig image should say something about the subject, though. We'll talk in the "Movies" section some day. By then, you will have gotten to know a little bit more about the cast of characters here at HTF. :)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Chop Chop Chop GULP. That you hear my friends is the sounds of me eating my own words. Specifically
This from a person who adores 2001? Which I saw for the first time last night.
I don't consider 2001 to be a "weird" film but im still at a loss as what to classify it as. As with allot of movies I don't "get" after my initial viewing something inside me prompted me to buy it and watch it again, and again, and again, and again (Much to the dismay of two consecutive girlfriends). It has easily made it into my list of personally favorite films. I hope it will be shown in 70mm somewhere around where I live someday.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Holy thread resurection Batman! (hah, said holy and resurection in the same sentance and its still not religious :D 2001 is not weird, but it does have kind of a serious story line for a musical :D

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Confucious say: "Those who fall asleep with itchy butt, wake up with smelly finger!"

Who said this one "I buy you books, I buy you books, and all you do is eat the pages!!!" ??

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I was at 1974's World Science Fiction Convention in Washington DC, and the planning committee put on a Saturday-evening dance/musical/comedy stage version of 2001. Some geek in a curly frightmask-type wig played HAL. He was seated at a control panel with an automobile steering wheel in his hand (you know, HAL driving the Discovery out to Jupiter.

We all laughed.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
If you love something...beer...set it free, pour it into a glass.
If it comes back to you, you've drank to much.
If it dosen't, go to the fridge for another.
My interpretation.
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks