What's new

If You Have Not Noticed: The Sonotube DIY Link Is Not Active, Want To Add Your Page? (1 Viewer)

TerryC

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, they pulled my site with no warning! Trying to talk with anyone at Tripod has been like pulling teeth, the only reason I can think they did it is because I has using their site to host my jpegs and while posting them as images on this forum and that's a no-no because their ad banners won't get seen. Did not know it was against the rules, I guess its my fault for not reading their 1000+ rules, but who would?
I'm trying to get the html.txt files from them so I can duplicate the page on my @home server but it looks like I'm hitting a brick wall on who to talk with. The reply's I've received so far have only been generic "we have the right to remove ....at any time." crap and totally ignore that request.
I may just start again from scratch as I have the original layout when I first started long ago but I need to hunt down all the new web pages and such, add them and then upload to the @home serve, and have Parker update the link to the new page.
Will keep you posted. I hope tripod can just reactivate my account and I won't post any images any more using their site.
Terry

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Terry, this is a painful lesson: Always have backup HTML files of your website on your own PC hard drives! Hope you can get some "help" from tripod w/r/t the HTML files.
Trenton, fix that link! :)
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; Sunosub I + III ; DVDs ; Link Removed

Pat

Agent
I just clicked on the link and it worked for me???
Terry you have mail :)
Gregg, here is my page:
Link Removed Link Removed

TerryC

Stunt Coordinator
Even though they never replied to me I guess my 10 or so emails must have some how ended up in front of the right person? Off to remove any "img" files that link to tripod.
Thanks Pat, I've already saved all the pages just in case!
Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks