What's new

If you have a judgement against your house, shouldn't you be notified? (1 Viewer)

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Well, trying to do a FHA Streamlined refinance, and have hit the first hiccup. Lender says there is a judgement on my title from a company that I filed on in my bankruptcy last year.

As far as it ever got with Nextcard was 1 garnishment, and that was it. We made sure that they were included in the BR, but now the lender says they have a judgement on the house. How would this be possible?

A) Shouldn't we have been notified at the time of said judgement when it was placed?

B) Since Nextcard was declared in the BR, would that have removed said judgement?

C) Bonus: Nextcard actually went out of business and failed as a bank (which the the governement sent out a mass letter to all customers letting them know) and seemed to have sold the account to a collector, could that have caused some type of slip up?

Thanks in advance to any info you guys can give.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
After going over my documents, it turns out the only notification of a judgement was called a "Summary Judgement" But makes no specific mention of it being against the house.

Also, noticed in the final discharge notice info that it says all judgements filed are null and void. So hopefully I should be able to mail/fax this info and get things taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks